Request for Expression of Interest
TO CONDUCT FINAL EVALUATION FOR REDD+ PHASE-JI PROJECT IN BALE ECO-REGION.
Farm Africa is an international charitable organization whose goal is to reduce poverty by enabling marginal African smallholder farmers and pastoralists to make sustainable improvements to their wellbeing through more effective management of natural resources.
Accordingly, Bale Mountains Eco-region REDD+ phase Il project was designed for three years during the period 1st November, 2016 31st October 2019. The project has completed its main period and is currently under no cost extension implementation for the period ist, November 2019 – 31st, December, 2020. The project is implemented in
the Oromia National Regional State, working with 64 Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and 50,000 households in seven districts in Bale zone and four districts in west Arsi administrative Zone. The project is implemented by Farm Africa and SOS Sahel Ethiopia in partnership with
Oromia Environment, Forest and Climate Change Authority, Oromia REDD+ Coordination Unit and Oromia Forest and Wildlife Enterprise including the local communities that are organized into 64 Participatory forest managing Cooperatives. The project had conducted mid-termperformance review in which some recommendations had been drawn and implemented by the project.
This call is for a final evaluation of Bale Mountains REDD+ phase Il project, implemented in an integrated multi-sector landscape management ,programme in Bale Eco-Region in Oromia National Regional State of Ethiopia.
Qualifications and Required Competencies of Consultant/firm:
Applications from individuals or teams are welcome and will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Proven track record conducting project evaluation in the area of participatory forest management;
- Extensive experience in conducting literature reviews and qualitative research including familiarity with participatory research methods;
- Good understanding of the OECD DAC evaluation criteria;Sound knowledge and acquaintance of forest management, forestry and REDD+ policy frameworks in Ethiopia; Strong conceptual understanding of participatory forest management and REDD+ mechanism;
- The lead researcher should possess an MSc degree or above in either Forestry, Rural Development or any other relevant disciplines; Demonstrable academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology;
- Strong analytical, facilitation and communication skills; Excellent reporting and presentation skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and knowledge of the local language, Afan Oromo, is a plus. For a team of consultants, at least half of the team members need to speak the local language, Afan Oromo;
- Quantitative analysis skills in at least one statistical software (e.g. MS Excel, STATA, R, SPSS).
- Bidders should have valid license or be legally registered for the provision of similar consultancy services, and need to submit with copies of TAX registration certificates.
Deadline and Submission of Documents:
- Interested bidders should collect the TOR document from our office or may also request via firstname.lastname@example.org; and can submit their CVs and technical & financial proposals to our bidding email -email@example.com on or before November 20, 2020 – CoB.
- Proposals submitted by unqualified bidders; and those arriving later than the final submission date and time shall be rejected without ,further notice;
- Farm Africa for this task reserve the right to accept or reject any or all the proposals;
- Any Request for clarifications/enquiries can be forwarded to ,firstname.lastname@example.org or using the following address: Farm Africa Ethiopia Office Hussein Agraw Bldg. 6th floor, Kanzanchis, adjacent to Enat Bank
Tel. 011 557 3317, Fax- 011 557 3332.