Family Health International (FHI 360)-Ethiopia
Request for proposal RFB for security service
Family Health International (FH1360) -Ethiopia is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. Family Health International (FHI 360) – Ethiopia is registered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations under license number 0092, is seeking proposals from companies capable of providing office security services in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The specifications and requirements contained in this document constitute a Request for Proposal (hereinafter referred to as the “RFP”). This RFP does not in any manner whatsoever constitutes a commitment or obligation to accept any proposal, in whole or in part, which is received in response to this RFP, nor does it constitute any obligation to acquire any services or goods.
The final selection will be based on the best value, with a primary focus on the company’s technical approach, personnel, and organizational capabilities/ experience.
The contract will be for 12 months. Non-competitive purchase orders may be awarded to the company for additional six months by mutual agreement. The contracting organization reserves the right to reconsider the agreement at any time if services no longer meet expectations.
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND SCOPE OF WORK Minimum Standards for Security Contract
Security Service Specifications to be provided for 12 months with the possibility of extension:
- Provide 24-hour security service of the FHI 360 – Ethiopia Country Office, seven days a week by the security firm hired.
- A minimum of two guards must be on duty at all times. Security Guards can work a maximum of eight-hour shifts up to six days per week.
- Guards must have a reliable means of communication with their supervisors.
- A supervisor must come to the office at least once every shift. Established a record-keeping system for visitors. The security guards will have a log in which all visitors to the FHI 360 – Ethiopia Office will sign in upon arrival and sign-out upon leaving. The security firm will collect IDs of guests to the office upon arrival and return to guests upon their return.
- Provide monthly security reports to FHI 360 – Ethiopia. The report should include a log of any incidences, the date the incident occurred, a summary of what occurred, and the outcome. Based on the Security Service Specifications, above, your company is invited to submit a proposal. Please do not exceed a maximum of 10 pages for the following information. The 10page limit does not include the budget and budget notes. Corporate Statement Qualifications/Company Profile (See 2 below)
1. Your company’s approach to fulfilling the requirements of the security service specifications (stated above)
2. The relevant experience and background of your company and staff
3. Describe the following: The company’s quick reaction force i.e. who will respond to an emergency and how long will it take The training processes all security guards must go through. Education minimums for all security guards.
4. Complete price proposal based on the technical specifications listed in Section 1, above.
5. Relevant licenses/permits as per industry requirements
6. Company registration documents
2. Corporate Qualifications Statement
Your proposal must include a background statement of corporate history, nature of ownership information and references. Please prepare a response to the following questions:
Name of Company, Address, Telephone Number, Website or email address, Name of the principal owner/manager, Number of years in business, Number of employees and Qualifications/relevant industry certificationsof employees. Three business references for which you have provided similar service in the past 2 years: Name of Company and Address, Contact and Contact Phone number, And brief description of services preformed
3. Guidelines for Proposal Submission
3.1 Costs for Document Development
Costs for developing the proposal responses are entirely the responsibility of the proposing party and shall not be charged in any manner to the requesting organization. No proposals in whole or in part or any accompanying information will be returned unless arrangements are made in advance of receipt of the proposals.
3.2 Right to Reject
The requesting organization reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, to award parts of proposals, and to contract with an offeror other than the lowest bidder. We further reserve the right to accept the lowest proposal without additional written or oral negotiations with other bidders. We may choose more than one of the companies responding to this request for proposals or may decide that none of the responses meets the acceptable needs of the RFP. We may choose to negotiate the terms, conditions, and deliverables of the contract with the company that, in our opinion, can most effectively meet RFP requirements.
We further reserve the right to waive minor deficiencies in a proposal and allow the offeror the opportunity to correct such deficiencies in the interest of promoting competition towards receiving the best value for money for our funder. The waiving or correcting of minor deficiencies does NOT constitute acceptance or assurance that a proposal will be positively reviewed, accepted or in any way obligate the requesting organization to continue to consider a proposal once the corrections are received and reviewed.
3.3 Withdrawal or Modification of Proposal
Offerors may withdraw their proposal without prejudice from consideration at any time prior to the awarding of the contract by contacting: EthiopiaCo. firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be responsible for errors or omissions in your proposal. You will be permitted to submit only one proposal. You may not revise submitted proposals after the proposal deadline. After the deadline, revisions to your original submission will not be allowed.
3.4 Pricing Summary
Pricing should be detailed as outlined in this RFP (at least cost per security personal per month). Even if not specifically requested, a complete schedule of charges and/or costs that might be incurred must be identified in your RFP response. Pricing proposals must remain valid for a period not less than one year from date of submission.
3.5 RFP Responses
Completeness and consistency of responses in this RFP will be a major element of consideration in the selection process.The RFP aims to help offerors provide consistent and comparable proposals. Proposals are requested from interested companies that have the capacity, desire and license to provide office security services as specified in this document.
All proposals shall be submitted in English except such supporting business registration documents as may originally be issued in Amharic or other official languages, which should be submitted with a full translation.
The cost should be quoted in Ethiopian Birr (ETB) and any taxes or other indirect costs should clearly be listed as separate line items in the quote. The technical response and the cost response should be separately packaged.
The packages should be hand delivered to the reception desk of Family Health International Office, which is located on Gabon Road, Meskel Flower Area around ADOT TINA HOTEL, Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 02, Telephone 0114-668168. Bidders must ensure that they sign theregister at the reception when delivering bids. Bidders must advise their couriers of the instruction above to avoid misplacement of bid responses. Responses should be received within 10 Working days from the date of the posting of the request for proposals. Any proposals received after the 10 working days will not be considered.
Submission format in Hard Copy