Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research
INVITATION TO BID
To: All contractors of category GC/BC, CLASS 5 AND ABOVE with license valid for the year 2012/2013 E.C. and can present registration certificate for construction work service from concerned organization.
1. The ETHIOPIAN INSTITUTE of AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH has got a budget for the construction of Conference Mini Hall at Wondo Genet Agricultural Research Center to which it is inviting for wax sealed bids comprising of a Technical and Financial proposal from eligible bidders for providing the necessary labor, material and equipment for the projects.
2. A bid document for both the qualification (Technical) and priced Bill of quantities (Financial) may be obtained by any interested eligible bidders on the submission of a written application with renewed license and certificates as stated in (7-1) below to:
Procuring Entity: Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research
Attention: Eyob Sisay
Street Address: Bole Kifle ketema, Kebele 12/13
Floor/Room number: Block No. 5, 15t Floor, Room No. 10&11
City: Addis Ababa
P. o. Box: 2003
Telephone: (251-11) 645 95 34
Facsimile number: (251-0) 116461294
Electronic mail address:
(To whom all inquires and correspondences should be addressed)
Up on payment of non-refundable Birr :-500, (Five Hundred Birr Only)
3. Each bid must be accompanied by an acceptable bid bond in the form of CPO equal to birr 50,000 (Fifty thousand only) which shall remain in forces for 118 calendar days from the bid opening date and shall be in separate envelope.
4. The construction of works shall be completed within a maximum of 210 calendar days from the commencement of works.
5. Both the qualification and priced bid documents shall be in separate envelopes & wax-sealed (ONE ORIGINAL & TWO COPIES).
6. Sealed qualification & priced bid documents shall be submitted to the procuring entity on or before 12:00 A.M at the 30th calendar day beginning from the first date of first advertisement. If the 30th day, is not a working day the submission date will be the next working day until 12:00 A.M and shall be publicly opened the same day and place at 2:00 P.M hours. Bidders are advised to attend the bid opening.
7. Eligibility Criteria: – The bidder whose bid doesn’t fulfill the following conditions will be said no eligible, thus none responsive:
i) Bidders should present Trade License, Registration Certificate from Ministry Construction & Urban Development, Tax clearance certificate from Revenues & Customs Authority all valid for 2012/2013 fiscal year, VAT registration certificate, and Tax payer registration certificate in their technical document.
ii) Bidders should submit ONE ORIGINAL AND TWO COPIES for both Technical and financial document in sealed envelope.
iii) The original and copy of the bid shall be signed and sealed on all pages by the bidder.
iv) Bid security in the required form and amount to be attached with the original financial proposal.
The Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research reserves the right to reject any or all bids
The Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research