Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research
INVITATION for BID
To: All contractors of category GC/BC, CLASS 3 AND ABOVE with license valid for the year 2012 E.C. and can present registration certificate for construction work service from concerned organization.
- The ETHIOPIAN INSTITUTE of AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH has got a budget for the construction and completion of a MULTIPURPOSE HALL BUILDING AT JIMMA AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH CENTER IN JIMMA TOWN to which it is inviting for wax sealed bids comprising of a Technical and Financial proposal from eligible bidders for providing the necessary labor, material and equipment for the.
- A bid document for both the qualification (Technical) and priced Bill of quantities (Financial) may be obtained by any interested eligible bidders on the submission of a written application with renewed license and certificates as stated in (8-i)below to: Procuring Entity: ETHIOPIAN INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH Attention: Street Address: Bole Kifieketema, Kebele 12/13 Floor/Room number: Block No.5, 1st Floor, Room No. 10&11 City: Addis Ababa P. o. Box: 2003 Country: Ethiopia ,Telephone: (251-11) 645 95 34 Facsimile number: (251-11) 646 12 94, (251-11) 646 54 12 Electronic mail address ott email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org(To whom all inquiries and correspondencesshould be addressed) Up on payment of non-refundable Birr :-1500.- (One Thousand Five Hundred Birr)
- Each bid must be accompanied by an acceptable bid bond in the form of CPO equal to birr 100,000(ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND BIRR)which shall remain in forces for 90 calendar days from the bid opening date and shall be in separate envelope. The successful bidder will be required to furnish a performance security at its option, a Bank guarantee in the sum of 10% of the Contract amount or a Performance bond within 15 days from the letter of acceptance.
- Bidders are advised to read and comply in full with the “INSTRUCTION TO BIDDERS”
- The construction of works shall be completed within a maximum of 540 calendar days from the commencement of the work.
- Both the qualification and priced bid documents shall be in separate envelopes & wax-sealed (ONE ORIGINAL & TWO COPIES).
- Sealed qualification & priced bid documents shall be submitted to the Procuring Entity: Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research Street Address: Bole Kifieketema, Kebele 12/13 Floor/Room number: Block No. 5, Finance & procurement directorate City: Addis Ababa Postal Code: P. O. Box 2003 Country: Ethiopia On or before 2:00 P.M at the 31st calendar day beginning from the first date of first advertisement. If the 31st day is not a working day the submission date will be the next working day until 2:00 P.M and shall be publicly opened the same day and place at 2:30 P.M hours. Bidders are advised to attend the bid opening.
- Eligibility Criteria: – The bidder whose bid doesn’t fulfill the following conditions will be said no eligible, thus none responsive: i) Bidders should present Trade License, Registration Certificate from Ministry of Urban Development & Construction, Tax clearance certificate from Revenues & Customs Authority all valid for 2012e.c fiscal year, VAT registration certificate, and Tax payer registration certificate in their technical document. ii) Bidders should submit ONE ORIGINAL AND TWO COPIES for both Technical and financial document in sealed envelope. iii) The original and copy of the bid shall be signed and sealed on all pages by the bidder. iv) Bid security in the required form and amount to be attached with the original financial proposal.
- . Any bidder who has two or more construction contract with EIAR and the current progress of work less than 80% is not allowed to participate in this bid and must produce a certificate letter from the owner which clearly describes the progress of the project in percentage of the total contract price.
- The Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Ethiopian Institute of