Ethiopian Electric Utility
Request for proposal (RFP)
Bid no, EEu/S& D/NCB-007/2012
Ethiopian Electrification Program (ELEAP) of World Bank finances women empowerment. EEU also targeted 30% of women in leadership and decision making positions through strengthening the capacity of emerging women leaders and women employees in STEM fields. To fulfill this, consultancy service is needed for designing and implementing of EEU mentorship program, capacity development (training) program, and GBV (Gender Based Valence) prevention and response mentorship and coaching program.
1. Scope of work:- In all EEU regions and at the headquarter(HQ) the consulting firm is expected to conduct capacity needs assessment design, develop and lead EEU mentorship program, short term program, GBV prevention, and response supervision and support as well as develop tailored mentorship and coaching program through working closely with EEU. The consulting firm will collaborate with World Bank Gender and Energy team throughout the consultancy period.
The duration of the consultancy service will be about one year.
2. Key Expected Deliverables
- a) Conduct capacity needs assessment in 11 EEU regions and HQ
- b) Capacity needs assessment report
- c) Mentorship program package for emerging women leaders and for women in STEM (Since Technology Engineering Magmatics ) fields
- d) Mentorship implementation and submission of mentorship program implementation progress reports on monthly and quarterly basis.
- e) Mentorship implementation program implementation strategy to be utilized by EEU.
- f) Development of short term training programs in different topics, trading manuals, and facilitator’s guide
- g) GBV prevention and response mentorship and catching guideline and reference booklet
- h) Documentation of mentorship and training program knowledge products
- i) Train EEU women staff in different training topics
- j) Submission of mentorship and training program implementation final report
- k) Development of GBV prevention and response orientation training manual, facilitator’s guide and PPTS
- l) Delivering of GBV prevention and response orientation training to EEU project staff, contractor, sub- contractor.
- m) GBV prevention and response supervision, support and orientation training report.
- n) Translate Amharic version of key materials upon completion of the assignment.
3. Criteria and Qualifications:-The desired criteria for consulting firm
1. A team of highly experienced, professionally qualified and organized personnel.
2. Proven ability and skill of conducting capacity needs assessment, capacity development support and M&E
3. Practical experience in developing and leading mentorship programs
4. Proven experience in mentorship program guideline and manual development.
5. Be available to deliver work within the deadline and willingness to travel to EEU regions and project sites with short notice in case of urgent request for support
6. Excellent understanding of women empowerment programs
7. Profound report writing, manual and policy development skill and knowledge
8. High attention to details and concern for quality outcomes.
- a) Team of professionals with a minimum of MA/MSC(Ph.D. is preferable) in social science fields, electrical engineering, or related field with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- b) Relevant experience in providing high level mentorship program support for women leaders and women in STEM fields.
- c) Specific skill set in gender, energy and infrastructure sectors
- d) Experience working directly with governments on gender, women empowerment, social inclusion and energy specific issues at the policy and institutional level.
- e) A proven ability to strategically influencing policy level interventions build consensus and reach upon expected results through integrating women mentorship program into energy
- i) Practical experience in working with and coordinating with multiple government sectors to achieve remarkable gender quality results
- g) Working experience on budget preparation
- h) A proven ability to develop and write technical content in English
Description of Materials
Bid Security (ETB)
Closing Date and Time
Opening Date and Time
Consultancy EEU women employees capacity development program.
November 13,2020 at 2:00 PM
November 13,2020 at 2:30 PM
5. Interested consultants who have a valid and renewed license with trade license and TIN can participate.
6. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open tendering procedures contained in the public procurement proclamation of the government of the federal democratic republic of Ethiopia and open to all bidders from eligible suppliers
7. Eligible consultants should have a valid & renewed trade license and VAT Certificate.
8. Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information and clarification from Ethiopian Electric Utility (EEU) and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below.
The Ethiopian Electric Utility (EEU)
Head Office, Procurement & Facility 2nd-floor office no. 204
Degualle Square, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
P.O.BOX 1233, Tel +251-11-156-01-48
9. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested eligible consultants at the address above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of against payment receipt of ETB 400 (Four Hundred Birr).
10. Bids must be delivered on or before the closing date and time to the above-mentioned address before closing date and time. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in the form of (CPO or Bank Guarantee) as mentioned above. Late bids shall be rejected
11. The Bid is Single Stage two envelop system; Bid will be opened in in presence of the bidders or their representatives who choose to attend at the above mentioned address, date and time.
12. Consultants are advised to submit their offer after examining the bid document carefully.
13. The Ethiopian Electric Utility (EEU) reserves the right to reject all or partial bid without assigning any reason thereof.
Ethiopian Electric Utility (EEU)