Ethiopian Electric Utility
ANNOUNCEMENT OF BID MODIFICATION,
BID SECURITY REPLACEMENT AND TIME
EXTENTIONS THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC
REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA ETHIOPIAN
ELECTRIC UTILITY PROGRAM PROJECT
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT UNIVERSAL
Ethiopian Electrification Program (ELEAP) Project
Modification, Bid Security replacement and time extension for Procurement of 33/0.4 Kv Distribution transformer
- Lot 5, WB EEU-UEAP/5/2020-2021 (ICB Framework agreement)
- Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: IDA-6157 & IDA -6158
- TENDER Nos: Lot 5, WB EEU-UEAP /5/2020-2021(ICB Framework Agreement)
- Procurement of 33/0.4Ky Distribution transformers
The Federal Government of Ethiopia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of Ethiopian Electrification Program (ELEAP) Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under Call off Contract that may be awarded under the Framework Agreement for Procurement of 33/0.4Ky Distribution transformers.
3. As per our invitation for bid dated 28th October, 2020 with The Ethiopian Herald stated that all bids must be accompanied by a bid security and shall be unconditional bank guarantee from a reputable bank and must be counter guaranteed by any bank of Ethiopia and it remains valid for a period of Twenty Eight (28) days beyond the original bid validity period.
The amount and currency of the bid security shall be USD 103,000.00 (United State Dollar One Hundred Three Thousand only). And as per our amendment with The Ethiopian Herald stated that bid security shall be amended from USD 103,000.00 (United State Dollar One Hundred Three Thousand only) to USD 203,300 (United State Dollar Two Hundred Three Thousand Three Hundred only)
Due to the modification of the subject procurement of 33/0.4Kv Distribution transformers divided in two (2) (i.e. Lot 5.1 and Lot 5.2) lots, the bid security shall be replaced accordingly. Hence, the amount and currency of the bid security shall be replaced as per each lot (i.e. Lot 5.1 and Lot 5.2) as follows:
* For Lot 5.1, the bid security shall be USD 87,600 (United State Dollar Eighty Seven Thousand Six Hundred only)
* For Lot 5.2, the bid security shall be to USD 105,500 (United State Dollar One Hundred Five Thousand Five Hundred only). All terms and condition for bid security shall be unchanged. Please replace the amount and the currency of the bid security accordingly.
3. Accordingly, the total quantity of 33/0.4K v Distribution transformers modified with respect to the rate and type (i.e. 50KVA, 100KVA. 200KVA and 315KVA) in two (i.e. Lot 5.1 and Lot 5.2) lots. Hence, Interested Eligible bidders may inspect the bid documents and modification of quantity as per lots.
1. The closing / opening date of Procurement of 33/0.4Kv Distribution transformers bid was extended from December 14, 2020 to January 13, 2021 14:00 hour local time. Due to the above replacement and modification of 33/0.4Kv Distribution transformers, Please be updated that the closing /opening date of the bid again extended from January 13, 2021 to February 5, 2021 at 14:00 hour local time.
Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents during office hours (i.e. from. 08:00 to 17:00 hours) at the address given below.
Ethiopian Electric Utility PPM-UEAP, Project
Procurement, Logistics, Warehouse and
Berges Building 3rd floor
Tel:+251-11-1263154, Fax:-+251 -11-1263181
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
ETHIOPIAN ELECTRIC UTILITY PROJECT
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT UNIVERSAL
ELECTRICITY ACCESS PROGRAM