Ethiopian Maritime Affairs Authority (EMAA)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Ethiopia Trade Logistics Project
CONSULTING SERVICES: Gender and Gender Based Violence Specialist
Reference No. (As per Procurement Plan: ET-EMAA207865-CS-INDV
1) The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank (WB) toward the cost of the Ethiopia Trade Logistics Project (ETLP). The objective of this project is to enhance the performance of the Ethio-Djibouti corridor through improvements in operational capacity, efficiency and range of logistics services at the Modjo Dry Port (transforming the port to logistics hub). The project will achieve this through investments in physical infrastructure, ICT systems, institutional capacity strengthening and support for regulatory reform.
2) The Ethiopian Maritime Affairs Authority (EMAA) through its Project Implementation Unit (PIU) is the implementing agency of the project and would like to strengthen its internal technical capacity to manage the transformation of Modjo dry port to Modjo logistics hub through the provision of procurement consulting service of qualified and experienced Gender and GBV Specialist. The assignment targets for coordinating and follow-up of Gender Equality and mainstreaming, and Gender Based Violence risk mitigation and response activities implemented as part of the TLP project.
3) The objective of the assignment is to obtain the services of a highly qualified Gender and GBV specialist, who can support the Project Implementing Unit (PIU) in properly and efficiently managing Gender and Gender Based Violence risk mitigation and response activities implemented as part of the TLP project.
4) The successful applicant will be engaged immediately on a full time basis for one year in three months contract basis extendable depending on the satisfactory performance in the contract duration) and for additional years during the project implementation period.
5) The EMAA invites qualified and experienced Individual consultants who will work in PIU that are eligible to participate in ETLP to express their interest in providing these Services. Interested applicants/ consultants should provide Letter of Expression of Interest along with their CV, recommendation letters and other information (documentary evidence of academic background, evidence on experience in similar assignments &knowledge, recommendation letters, etc.) indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
6) The Gender and GBV Specialist would be responsible for coordinating and follow-up of Gender Equality and mainstreaming, and GBV risk mitigation and response activities analysis, and reporting of the implementation of Gender Equality and GBV activities of implemented as part of the TLP project. The PIU Gender and GBV specialist would generally have responsibilities of coordination, follow-up, analysis, and reporting of the implementation of Gender Equality and GBV risk mitigation and response activities in each component and sub-component of the project. The Gender and GBV Specialist will be stationed in EMAA/PIU, Addis Ababa.
7) The desired Gender and GBV Specialist should possess the following qualifications, competencies and expertise:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree or equivalent from recognized university preferably in social science, sociology, social work, gender and development studies or other relevant social discipline;
- At least 10/8 year’s relevant work/practical experience for Bachelor/Master’s Degree respectively.
- At least 5 years of work relevant experience in GoE and WB financed projects.
8) The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Selection of an Individual Consultant will be in accordance with World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits& Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”).
9) Further information (Detailed ToR for the assignment) can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 AM to 12:30 P.M hours and from 2:00 PM to 5:00 P.M hours, Monday to Thursday and 09:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM hours on Friday,
10) The Expression of Interest along with documentary evidences can be delivered in hard copies or electronically (by e-mail) to the address below on or before 07 January, 2021, 12:00 midday.
Attention: W/o Firehiwot Kifle
Address: Ziquala Complex/Building, 4th Floor, ETLP/
PIU Project Manager’s office
Located in Kirkos Sub city, 150 meters from St.
Stephen Church towards Bambis
Super Market, opposite NOC fuel station
P.O.Box: 1861, Addis Ababa
Tel.: +251 11 5570822/27
Fax: +251 11 5503960
Ethiopia Trade Logistics Project Office
Ethiopian Maritime Affairs Authority