Ethiopian Electric Power
Ethiopia Electric Power (EEP) Invitation for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for Individual Consultancy Services -2nd time Reference No. Et-EEP-175123-CS-INDV
The Government of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank (WB) in the form of a loan towards the cost ENREP Within this arrangement, the Ethiopian electric Power (the Implementing Agency) needs to ensure the operational and commercial feasibilities of upcoming solar, wind, geothermal and hydroelectric IPP power plants such that EEPs management able to prioritize its investment strategy based on sound and comprehensive analysis
Thus, the Implementing Agency (IA) of the Program intends to utilize part of the proceeds for engaging International qualified Individual Consultants to strengthen its operational and commercial feasibilities of upcoming solar, wind, geothermal and hydroelectric IPP power plants such that EEPs management is able to prioritize its investment strategy based on sound and comprehensive analysis EEP is inviting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for International qualified Individual Consultants to provide “International advisory Service As part of supporting IPP developments in Ethiopia, the consultant is first expected to support efforts that will help understand current status of existing power assets and determine investments required to rehabilitate them. The consultant is also expected to support evidence based strategic efforts to develop Ethiopia’s plan for future investments in power generation (IPPs), transmission network expansions and also support the improvement of operational and technical inefficiencies within EEP. The EOI is expected to lead to a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the above-mentioned Consultancy Services from short-listed applicants.
The Individual Consultant will be responsible for complementing all-rounded activities related to to prioritizing its investment strategy based on sound and comprehensive analysis His/her minimum qualification and experience requirement is elaborated below:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the power sector supporting IPPs, sector reform and policy development Shall have a master’s degree or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University
- A thorough understanding of Ethiopia’s power sector and notable experience working with EEP, MOWIE and Development Partners
- Shall possess broad business, financial and technical acumen to help develop a robust strategic reform roadmap for EEP
- Has hands-on experience reviewing and negotiating IPP commercial and technical terms
- Shall have strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Must have proven track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams to establish and execute on deliverables.
- Shall be fluent in comprehending, elaborating and providing feedback on complex IPP contracts in the English language.
- Preference will be given to candidates who understands Amharic language to help bridge understanding of contractual term gaps.
- Shall be willing to relocate to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for the duration of the contract.
The period of assignment is 6 months (full-time) with the possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance. Interested Consultant/s should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- General Qualification/Technical strength of the consultant
- Relevant and strength of Experience specific to the assignment Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM local time. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person or by mail or by e-mail until June 29, 2020 4:00PM local time.
Attention to: Mr. Kefyalew Mergiya, Director, Procurement Ethiopian Electric Power Head Quarter, located around MEXICO, K KARE CENTER Procurement office first Floor,
Tel: +251-115-580597/0781 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia