Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association
INVITATION TO BID To all Contractors of Category GC6/BC5 and Above with Valid Trade License and Construction License for the Year 2012 E.C
EWNRA is implementing a project entitled: “Sustainable Living: Building Resilience to Curb Outmigration of Smallholders in Southern Oromia Region, Ethiopia”, for three consecutive years (from anuary 19, 2019 up to December 31st, 2021) in Abaya and Gelana woredas of West Guji Zone of Oromia regional state through financial support from Menschen füer Menschen Foundation Switzerland (MMCH).
The proposed project envisages reduction of poverty and outmigration of smallholders in selected kebeles of Abaya and Gelana woredas through integrated actions that contribute to reducing hunger and poverty. The project-planned activities include the construction of SACCO offices and warehouses for supporting Multi-Purpose Cooperatives as well.
Further EWNRA is also implementing a project entitled: “REDD+ Participatory Forest Management in South-West Ethiopia (REPAFMA-SW Ethiopia) phase Il project” with funding available from NORAD The Development Fund Norway. One of the supports of the projects is to establish cooperatives and forest management associations to undertake forest-based NFTPs trading and forest management to improve forest conditions and the livelihoods of forest-dependent communities. Consecutively to support those cooperatives and woreda level associations it is planned to construct offices and warehouse.
In addition EWNRA is also implementing a project entitled: “4R (Right Time, Right Rate, Right source and Right place of fertilizer/crop) Nutrient Stewardship project (4R-NSP) Project to be implemented in Minjar-Shenkora Woreda, Semien Shewa Zone, Amhara National Regional State” with funding available from Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF Canada). One of the supports of the project is supporting cooperatives for rental, renovation or construction of storage facilities for post-harvest handling, running value chains and keep production technologies. So, to support those cooperatives it is planned to construct warehouses.
In order to execute the construction activities, Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association is inviting all eligible contractors of category GC6 or BC 5 and above who would like to execute one of the Three Lots to be constructed in Minjar Shenkora Woreda, Gelana Woreda and Gambela Zureia Woreda the details is provided hereunder.
- Lot-1 Construction of Four Multipurpose Warehouses at Minjar – Shenkora Woreda, Semien Shewa Zone of Amhara National Regional State around Arerti Town/in 4 different locations.
- Lot-2 Construction of Five Small SACCO’s Offices at Gelana Woreda, West Guji Zone of Oromia Regional State around Tore Town / in 5 different locations.
- Lot-3 Construction of One Store and One Office for FMA’S at Gambela Zureia Woreda around Kobon Kebele /both in the same compound.
Those who would be financially and technically capable to furnish the necessary labor, material and equipment to undertake the execution of the aforementioned works are kindly invited and
they has to fulfill the following requirements.
1. Interested bidder should have:
- VAT Registration Certificate
- Valid License for 2012 E.C.
- Renewed registration certificate from the MOUDH.
- Tax clearance certificate from Inland Revenue Authority.
2. The Bid document can be purchased from
Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association
(EWNRA) Main Office
Telephone: +251 11 5527791, Fax: + 251 11 5501647
Room Number 608, 6th floor
Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus Building
Jomo Kenyatta Avenue, Bambis Area, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3. Beginning from the first announcement date on the newspaper until August 18, 2020 at 05:00 PM in the afternoon in working days upon a payment of nonrefundable fee of Ethiopia Birr 350.00 (Three Hundred and Fifty birr only).
4. Interested eligible contractors may obtain further information and inspect the qualification document at the office of: Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources association (EWNRA), (Tele.+251-1-5527791). Bidders are instructed to submit original and two photo copies of their respective technical and financial bid documents and to fill, sign and seal all the forms of the bid documents. The bidding procedure to be followed is two stage envelope procedures. The first envelope containing the qualification requirement clearly marked “Technical Proposal” with extra two copies and Bid security should be wax sealed. The second envelope containing the “Financial Proposal Offer” with two copies should be wax sealed and the two envelopes shall also be enclosed by an outer envelope marked as: “Technical and Financial offer proposals submission for EWNRA for the specific Lot.
5. The Bid documents shall be accompanied by Bid security amount of birr 100.000,00 (One Hundred Thousand Birr) in an acceptable form of Un conditional Bank Guarantee/CPO and must be addressed to Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association (Address mentioned on item no. 3). The Bid validity period shall be: 90 + 28 days,
6. Sealed bid documents shall be submitted to Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association (Address mentioned on item no. 3) on or before August 21, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
7. The bid will be opened on the same day at 2:30 P.M at Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association (Address mentioned on item no. 3) in the presence of bidders or authorized representative who wish to attend.
8. A bidder can participate in three lots but limited to win only in one lot with the best interest of the client. 9. The Employer reserves the right to cancel the bid partially or in full.