Environment Forest and Climate Change Commission Office
Notice of invitation for BID
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission
- Term of Reference; Recruitment of International/National Consultant for preparation of Ethiopia’s First Biennial Update Report to be submitted to the UNFCCC
The main objective of this consultancy is to prepare Ethiopia’s First Biennial Update Report to fulfill its commitments to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
Experience and Qualifications
Consultant Firms Experience
Master’s degree and above in Climate Change, Environmental Science or Management, Energy-related or Statistics, or other relevant qualification in related fields.
- At least 7 years of relevant experiences in the field of climate change mitigation, low emission initiative, Greenhouse Gases Inventory, mitigation action, and programs related to climate change;
- Specific national or international experience and expertise in conducting mitigation assessment Experience in the preparation and review of BUR and National Communications in particular on Mitigation assessment and GHG Inventories;
- Experience in the preparation and review of the BUR and National Communications in particular on Mitigation assessment and GHG Inventories; Ability to analyze technical requirement in climate change mitigation; Strong knowledge of government policies and strategies on low emission
- Familiar with UNFCCC mitigation related processes, obligations, and requirements and Proven experience in providing consultancy services, previous experience in the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of development relevant projects;
- strong knowledge of government policies and strategies on low emission
- Previous experience in with internationally funded project design, implementation, and management procedures is an advantage
- Familiar with government institutions and coordination mechanism
- English language fluency and strong writing skills required,
2 Term of Reference Recruitment of National/International Consultant for preparation of Oromia Region and Dire Dewa City Administration of Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report
The main objectives are preparing the Oromia Region and Dire Dawa City Administration Inventory Report (IR) of Greenhouse Gas.
Qualification and Experience
Have a Post Graduate degree (Masters and above) in Environmental Science, Climate Change, Natural resource management, Energy-related or Statistics, or any other relevant qualification in related fields.
- At least (10 years) national/international experience and expertise in conducting GHG Inventories and related activities:
- The consultant must have a thorough knowledge and hands-on experience with the following:
- Guidelines for the preparation of GHG inventory report, using 2006 IPCC guidelines
- 2006 IPCC guidelines for GHG inventories and the 2000 Good Practice Guidance and the 2003 Good Practice Guidance on Land Use, Land-Use Change, and Forestry (GPG for LULUCF).
- IPCC Greenhouse Gas Inventory Software.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people from governments, agencies, nongovernmental organizations, and research institutions; )
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working independently, and )
- IT literate and good knowledge in GIS, IPCC Inventory software and Numerical analysis scheme.
The reports shall be written in the English language.
- All Interested Eligible Consulting firms which qualify the above minimum requirements may receive the Bid Document from Environment forest and climate change office No 105 from Monday to Friday morning 8:30 AM to 12:30 AM afternoon 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM by paying 100.00 (one hundred birr) for each document or Bid
- The Bid will be on air for Twenty (20) consecutive days starting from the bid announcement on a date The Ethiopian herald and Addis Zaman (Ethiopian Herald and also you can search the following organization website www.mefcegov.et
- Bids must be delivered to the address below until 21 from the date of announcement on The Ethiopian herald before 4.00 AM morning. late bids will be rejected
- The Bids will be closed on 21 from the date of the announcement, on The Ethiopian Herald at 4.00 AM morning and the Bid opened on 21 the same date in the presence of Bidder’s Representative who choose to attend at the time date of Submission 4.30 morning
- The Bidders shall submit Technical Document and Financial Document with copes
- Bids must be accompanied by Bid Security of ETB 100,000/ one Hundred thousand) in the form of CPO
- The public body reserves the right to reject any bid to annul the bidding process and reject all bids any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to Bidder
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission
Address: Arat kilo, Behind Tourist Hotel
1st Floor Room No 105 Tel 0111 704044
Finance and procurement Directorate
Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission