Embassy of the Republic of Malawi in Addis Ababa
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NO 026/IPDC/RFP/CS/19 20/01) CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO PROVIDE DESIGNS, CONTRACT DOCUMENTATION OF THE CHANCERY AND GUEST HOUSE MAINTENANCE AND RENOVATION WORKS AND SUPERVISION
- 1.0 The Government of the Republic of Malawi through the Embassy of the Republic of Malawi in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia has identified funds to be used towards the cost of maintenance and renovation works and use part of the funds for consulting services.
- 2.0 The purpose of this consultancy is to provide Project Management Services. The consultant undertaking this exercise will be required to work in close liaison with the Government of the Republic of Malawi through Buildings Department of the Ministry of Transport and Public Works to generate detailed designs, bidding documentation and confidential cost estimates to facilitate the preparations and award of contract to a competent contractor following a competitive tendering procedure after prequalification of contractors. The consultant shall also supervise the selected contractor during the construction period.
- 3.0 The Embassy of the Republic of Malawi in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria is:
3.1 Qualification on the field of assignment
. The assignment is expected to be conducted by a consortium of firms in joint venture or, and in association to have a multi discipline team of experts. As a guide the following experts will be required:
- a. Project Team Leader (Architect)
- b. Quantity Surveyors
- c. Civil/Structural Engineers
- d. Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- e. Materials specialist
- f. Clerk of works
. All the firms should be eligible by showing their legal status in accordance with Ethiopian laws and regulations such as:
- a. Registrar of Companies Certificate
- b. Current National Construction Industry Council Certificate
- c. Ethiopian Revenue Authority (RA) – VAT and Tax Clearance Certificate.
3.2 Core business and years in business
The consultant should indicate its core business and the number of years the consultant has engaged in similar assignments.
3.3 Availability of appropriate skills among staff
. The consultant should provide the academic and professional qualifications and experience of the proposed staff, sharing that the professionals are properly registered in their professionals.
3.4 Client references
The consultant should provide traceable references of past clients for which similar services have been provided. The information shall include addresses, contact numbers and persons and email address.
3.5 Financial strength
The information provided in paragraph 3.4 should include the contract values.
- 4.0 Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. However, a consultant in joint-venture as lead consultants nor a lead consultant cannot also be included as a sub-consultant in other submissions.
- 5.0 After Request for Proposals (RFP) and the submission of bid documents, the Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
- 6.0 Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 0900 to 1700 hours
- 7.0 Expressions of interest clearly labelled “Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services to Provide Designs, Contract Documentation And Supervision Services For Maintenance and Renovation Works must be deposited in the tender box at the reception of the address below on or before 18th January, 2021 before 17:00 hours, local time.
Embassy of the Republic of Malawi
Bole Sub city
H. No. B188_1
Opposite Sunshine Building
P.O. Box 2316
Telephone: +251 – 116 – 620295/ +251929446754
Facsimile: +251 – 116-620299
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
Attention: Mr. Mukuse Sagawa, Charged’Affaires, a.i.
Malawi Embassy Addis Ababa