TERMS OF REFERENCE(TOR)
To produce digital Maps
1. Project Overview
Cordaid in consortium with Trócaire with the financial supports the Education, Audio-visual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), under the EU Aid Volunteer initiative of the European Commission, is implementing the project entitled: “Strengthening the Capacity of Local Organizations to Respond Effectively in Emergencies (SCORE)” The main objective of the project is promoting a leading role for local actors in humanitarian response by strengthening the capacity of local CSOs to respond effectively to crises since 1st January 2019.
2. Purpose of the TOR
The purpose of the assignment is to contract a GIS expert to produce a digital map for SCORE Project partners'(RACIDA, APDA, & ACPA) and Cordaid’s project intervention areas/ locations in Somali, Afar, Amhara, and Oromia regions. So, these organizations will be able to clearly trace their humanitarian interventions and plan on areas where there are gaps.
The GIS expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Create the GIS database including reference datasets and layers to reflect key information in key project sites of each partner.
- Produce Four printable 48″X69″ Maps reflecting the different project intervention locations for each partner.
The user-friendly data collection tool will be adopted by Cordaid and compile relevant geographic and thematic areas related information per partner and will be provided to the contractor as soon as the service contract is signed. This will enable the production of GIS themes and coverage and digital maps.
4. Expected Outputs/Deliverables
The Consultant will produce:
- Editable electronic GIS file of the map. This will be single mapshowing the name of the organization, type of projects andtheir implementation woredas/kebeles.
- Printable Maps for (4 (Cordaid, RACIDA, ACPA & APDA) to be submitted within 5 working days after the approval of the project contents of the GIS database. The maps shall present the location of each partner project area as well as the different layers of information available from the GIS database. Maps shall be presented in GIS format as well as pdf files.
5. Qualifications/experience required
The consultant should have:
- Having University Degree or above in geography or urban planning, or equivalent with technical specialization in Geo-spatial technology, data management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or equivalent.
- Strong practical experience in using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is essential.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of geographical data management and utilization; familiarity with coordinate geometry, spatial analysis, and visualization.
- Ability to solve GIS-specific problems and convey GIS information to nonGIS people,
- Experience in managing data collection, entry and maintenance.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner.
- Having COVID 19 sensitive strategies to conduct the assignment.
- Ability to devote enough time to this assignment and meet deadlines,
- Having good English language skills (both writing and speaking)
6. Application Process
Interested candidates should submit proposal(both technical andfinancial) in person Cordaid Office Logistics team around bolehomes near to Genet Chefe grocery before or on November 5, 2020,1:00 pm. Interested applicants must request for full ToR with subject “SCORE- Digital Map” to procurementET@cordaid.org .