TERMS OF Reference for grants Management Review Consultant
Cordaid is a Dutch international NGO that has a mission to reduce fragility and people’s vulnerability. It mobilizes networks, resources, and knowledge to tackle causes of poverty to change the lives of the disenfranchised groups.
Cordaid has been working in Ethiopia since 2006 and is registered under Charities and society’s proclamation No. 621/2009 in Ethiopia. It is implementing programs in the thematic areas of resilience, private sector development, health, and relief. Programs are implemented directly as well as through local partner organizations.
Coraid would like to hire a consultant to review its Grants Management System and to support refining the same.
Purpose of the Consultancy
The overall objective of the consultancy is assessing Cordaid’s Grants Management systems, policies, and procedures and to produce revised policies and tools that help deliver effective and efficient program implementation through partner organizations.
The first part of this exercise will involve assessing existing policies, procedures, and tools after which a set of recommendations will be produced for implementation. The second part involves developing policies and tools that enable effective grant management.
The review exercise will have the following deliverables:
- An assessment report;
- Developing a Grants Management Manual that sets guidelines based on Cordaid and donor regulations and industry best practices by which all grants awarded through Cordaid Ethiopia will be managed; and
- Developing budgeting and reporting templates.
The eligible consultant should meet the following criteria:
- Extensive experience in a full cycle support in overseeing the executing complex grants portfolio;
- Extensive experience managing programs funded by EU, USAID, DFID& knowledge of the donor rules;
- Experience in partner capacity building interventions of partner organizations;
- Experience with conducting similar reviews;
- Extensive experience in developing policy documents including Grants Manual and tools;
- Provide Review Methodology, Proposed Work-plan (including proposed start and end dates of the review within timelines) and Curriculum Vitae that highlight the consultant’s relevant expertise.
The consultant is requested to propose to fit its work plan in the following timelines:
- Contract Negotiation and Signing: by January 13, 2021
- Final Assessment Report: by January 20, 2021
- Final Grants Management Manual & Tools: by February 3, 2021 Proposal Submission
Proposals should be submitted in sealed envelope with “Grants Management” at Cordaid Ethiopia office located near Bole Homes, on the road Bole to Gerji during office hours. The proposal should include copies of documents included under the Eligibility Criteria section, and a proposed cost for carrying out the work.
Questions could be sent to procurementET@cordaid.org
Deadline for submission of proposals is January 8, 2021 at 5:00PM.