Amhara National Regional State Water Irrigation and Energy Bureau
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
SECOND URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION PROJECT (P156433)
Credit No. IDA-60070
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Non-Revenue Water Reduction Strategic Plan and Implementation Mechanisms & Business Plan Development for Bahirdar, Dessie Gondar and Debre Berhan Towns
Reference No. ET-MOWIE-152577-CS-QCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (II UWSSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consulting service (the service ) includes to assess, study, development of Business Plan and a Non-revenue Water Reduction Strategic Plan and pilot DMA implementation for each of the above-listed utilities.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of this consultancy is to work with the above-listed utilities in assessing the status of the business plan, Non-Revenue Water Reduction, and development for each utility listed above a clear and implementable working document to improve the Operational Efficiency and Manage the Service Delivery in an effective manner.
Scope of the Work
The scopes of the consultancy services have two main assignments with their own Specific Objectives and Scope of Services: 1. To Develop a Business Plan, and 2 To Develop a None Revenue Water Reduction Strategic Plan for each of the above listed utilities. However, as he two assignments feed into each other, the consultant is expected to execute the two assignments concurrently for each of the utilities.
- 1. NRW Assessment and Preparation of a NRW Reduction Strategic Plan The activities contemplated in the assessment of the water utilities are divided into three categories
- I. Basie Activities: The basic activity includes tasks namely infra-structure network mapping, customer survey, system input metering, customer metering and meter reading practices, preliminary water balance and NRW Assessment and capacity building basic level.
- II. Intermediate Activities: The Intermediate Activities include establishing NRW management unit, customer meter testing, network zoning (Bulk metering), pilot DMAS pressure Monitoring, IWA water balance and performance indicators, pipe failure documentation and statistics and capacity building medium level.
- III. Advanced Activities: The Advance Activities includes hydraulic Analysis (modeling) implementation of DMAS, pressure management, Active Leakage control, Customer meter management, Unauthorized Consumption reduction, Billing efficiency improvements, rehabilitation planning and capacity Building at High Level. The detail activity is as shown below
- IV. Building the Capacity of the utility staffs in implementation of NRW,
2. Assignment II. Business Plan Development and/or update
- I. Review of policies, regulations, and laws that govern Region services in respective towns and prepare a report on key findings and recommendations,
- II. Review’ and propose the institutional and organizational framework
- III Analyze or diagnosis of key operational issues and prepare a report on key findings and recommendations,
- IV. Identify Priority Investments and Financial Projections,
- V. Develop final workable business plan.
- VI. Building the Capacity of the utility staffs in preparation of business plan. The Services is expected to be completed within 480 calendar days from the date of commencement.
The Amhara National Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Development Bureau now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria are: Core business and years in business, qualification and experience in the field of assignment, organizational, managerial and technical capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of staff but not individual experts’ bio data.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, issued January 2011, Revised July 2014 ( “Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. But, should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 am to 12.00 am noon and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm from Monday to Friday, Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, on by mail, or by e-mail) on before 22nd June 2020, 4:00 pm. local time.
Amhara National Regional State Water, Irrigation
and Energy Development Bureau Attn: Mr. Melkamu Moges
Near Wisdom Tower WASH Building, Room