Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM)
Building a Disability-Inclusive Society
PROVISION OF COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL SERVICES TO CBM ETHIOPIA COUNTRY OFFICE
Christoffel-Blinden Mission (CBM) is an international Christian Disability and Inclusive Development Organization, committed to improving the quality of lives of persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability in the poorest countries of the world.
To provide comprehensive Legal services to CBM Ethiopia Country Office.
The Firm will be required to provide the following IT services to the CBM:
- Draft and review employment contracts and agreements with third parties;
- Provide legal advice on different kind of contracts upon request from Contracting Authority;
- Handle a maximum of three Labor court cases in AA at all level courts included in the agreed retention agreement. Any additional court case will be charged separately:
- Follow-up and execute legal matters with regulatory bodies; these include institute, defend, appeal, respond, intervene, plead interplead, oppose or act;
- In any manner whatsoever, in any suit by or against involving the interest of the Contracting Authority in any Ethiopian court, quasi-judicial tribunal arbitrage or other proceeding;
- Collect copies of all court decisions under Ethiopian law concerning the Contracting Authority;
- Hold meetings upon request from the Contracting Authority;
- Submit written reports on court cases, to the Contracting Authority, whenever deemed necessary;
- Perform their duties with diligence and in accordance with the ethical practices and rules of the profession;
- Contextualize international Labour conventions on the rights of persons with disabilities to Ethiopian level by considering Ethiopian laws and regulations;
- Advise the CBM Country Director in regard to the Ethiopia Proclamations, guidelines, and enforcement mechanisms when deemed necessary.
- The Contracted Firm will ensure compliance with Safeguarding principles, as stated in the CBM Safeguarding Policy.
Qualified and interested Consultancy Firms, which fulfill the following criteria are invited to participate on the bid.
- The Firm should provide TIN certificate, renewed Business License and VAT certificate.
- The Firm must have solid and proven experience in similar services.
- Bid Quotation and time to complete the service should be presented and specified.
Expression of Interest (Eol) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing of business 30st December 2020
Kindly note that only applicants who meet the specified qualifications will be considered for an interview. CBM will ask for references of previous work during the selection process.
The CO ETH will review all applications and conduct interviews by 31st of December and award a contract as of the 1st of January 2021.