Invitation to Bid for Baseline Survey of “Strengthening of Vulnerable Women in Food Security, IGAs and Savings and Credit Associations, as well as increased Environmental Protection in rural areas of Ethiopia”
Child Fund Ethiopia is an international child focused NGO working to improve the wellbeing of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children and families. We achieve positive change in communities in partnership with local organizations through our three core programs that improve education, health and livelihoods and achieve the outcomes of healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children and skilled and involved youth.
Child Fund Ethiopia has planned to conduct baseline study for the project entitled “Strengthening of Vulnerable Women in Food Security.
IGAs and Savings and Credit Associations, as well as increased Environmental Protection in rural areas of Ethiopia”- in three selected Woredas namely Dugda and Boset in East Shoa zone of Oromia region and Basona Warana Woreda in North Shoa of Amhara region.
A complete set of the bidding document (TOR) could be collected by eligible bidders from Child Fund Ethiopia office on the address shown below starting from November 01 – 10, 2020; interested firms should bring their copy license while collecting bid documents from Child Fund Office.
Child Fund Ethiopia,
Bole Sub city – Keble 03 H. No 2310
P. O. Box 5545- Tel: 011 661 29 28
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative analysis of survey data, including facilitating staff and stakeholder participation in mthe analysis and interpretation of findings (CVs required).
- All applicants should include a statement as to their level of expertise, if any, in using this methodology so that Child Fund can ensure that proper resources and support are provided as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Strong experience in conducting in-depth interviews, focus group discussions, participant-observation, and case studies, quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis.
- Good knowledge of the area and the official languages (Amharic and Affan Oromo) to engage effectively with field teams and household respondents to obtain reliable data.
- Strong familiarity with the international literature and issues related to the current projects, livelihood improvement, environmental protection and humanitarian/emergency contexts. And also, Familiarity with the socio-cultural context of the project areas.
- The firm should clearly state the price in ETB including 15% VAT and other related cost. The company should provide TIN certificate, VAT registration certificate/TOT, business registrations certificates and Business License that have all been renewed and valid license for the current fiscal year and other evidence which demonstrate the organization is approved to operate such a business.
Interested bidders should submit their sealed Technical and Financial proposals in two separate envelopes duly marking the envelopes as “Technical” and “Financial” proposals. And Copy of financial proposal must be submitted separately duly marking “copy financial proposal”.
The document must be delivered to the address above in the bid box prepared for this purpose on or before 1:30 PM (7:30 local time) 10th November 2020.
Bid will be opened by the procurement committee. Qualified consultants will be considered based on their responsiveness to the requirements listed above, technical, and financial evaluation results. Finally, the winner will be notified through the firm address.
Child Fund Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject all or parts of the bids at any time without assigning any reason or reasons whatsoever