Central statistics Agency
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
- Country: – Ethiopia
- NAME OF PROJECT: ENHANCING SHARED PROSPERITY THROUGH EQUITABLE SERVICES (ESPES) PROGRAM
- Loan No./Credit No./: Grant No: IDA-D2290 Assignment Title: Selection and employment of consultancy service providing firm for Agricultural Census Methodology Improvement.
- Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): ET-CSA156239-CS-QCBS
- The [Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE)] [has received] financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the [ESPES project), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include [CSA planning to conduct an agricultural census in the coming years. As a preparation stage, the agency needs to improve the existing methodologies including sampling design and estimation procedures, and also develop new methodologies in some areas in order to grab up-to-date agricultural statistics methodologies. The methodology improvement falls under components:
1. Pastoral Livestock
2. Remote sensing and GIS for crop forecast
3. Irrigation crop production
4. Fishery statistics
5. Urban agriculture
6. Crop-Cut for selected crops
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment (can be found at the following website: (www.csa.gov.et) or can be obtained at the address given below.)
3. The (Central Statistics Agency CSA) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: (qualifications and experience of the firm; such as core business and years in business relevant experience, technical and managerial capability of the firm, as indiculed in the TOR. The Qualifications and Experience of Key Experts shall not be included in the shortlisting criteria). Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
4 The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 or the Proclamation No. 649/2009 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5.Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/ or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
6. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the [QCBS) the method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
7. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.] Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by [February 12, 2021].
Central Statistical Agency (CSA), Head office; Piassa, behind or about 200 meters to the South-East of Tayitu