Central Statistical Agency of Ethiopia
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: – Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: ENHANCING SHARED
EQUITABLE SERVICES (ESPES) – IPF
Loan No./Credit No./Grant No.: IDA-D2290
Assignment Title: Selection & employment of consultancy service providing firm for Revision of Statistics law.
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): ET-CSA-155440CS-QCBS
- The [Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE)] [has received] financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the ESPES project], and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include (Selection & employment of consultancy service providing firm for Revision of Statistics law – Consultancy service on what should be the content and proposed structure of the new statistics law based on the Un Fundamental Principles and African Charter of Statistics with detailed implementation strategy and monitoring procedure. The main purpose of national consultant will be to develop revised statistical act for central statistical agency and national statistical system of Ethiopia including draft regulation for the application of the act by analyzing gaps with current statistical act of 442/2005 and taking into account country context, internationally accepted standards, the Fundamental Principle of Official Statistics and African Charter of Statistics).
- The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: (www.csa.gov.et) or can be obtained at the address given below.]
- The Central Statistics Agency CSA)] now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: (qualifications and experience of the firm; such as core business and years in business, relevant experience, technical and managerial capability of the firm, as indicated in the TOR. The Qualifications and Experience of Key Experts shall not be included in the shortlisting criteria). Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 or the Proclamation No. 649/2009 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the (QCBS] method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [8:30 AM – 5:30 PM]. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by [February 10,2021)
Central Statistical Agency (CSA), Head office;
Piassa, behind or about 200 meters to the South-East of Tayitu Hotel;
Procurement and Property Administration Directorate;
Attention: Mr. Ashenafi Alemayehu or Mr. Wondimu Abo
New Building, Block # 2, 2nd Floor;
Tel. +25111 111 8495, Fax: +25111 111 54 70;
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia