CALL FOR AUDIT
Caritas Switzerland is an international development and humanitarian organization, a none governmental aid agency and member of Caritas International Caritas works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles. Caritas Switzerland has been supporting various projects/programs in Ethiopia since 1974 and currently the organization is registered by Charities and Societies Agency according to the proclamation of the country to partake on the objectives WASH, education, and humanitarian Aid.
Objective of the Auditing
The objective of the audit is to provide an independent professional opinion on the financial statements and accompanying reports for the year ending December 31,2020 for FDRE CASA annual reporting purpose, which includes an opinion on the eligibility of expenditure and compliance with the relevant legal requirements of the ChSA per the TOR which can be collected from Caritas Switzerland Country Office, as per the address below.
Qualification of the Audit Firm
The audit firm
- Be a qualified audit firm by ABBE and must be in the list of authorized qualified firms,
- Has tax payer identification number & VAT registration evidence,
- Must have solid experience in the area of Charityl aid and developmentorganization, specifically firms with clearunderstanding of international accounting practices for foreign charities,
- Has renewed trade license by the General or Regional Audit Bureau
- Working experiences and a proven track record of successfully conducting auditing in other organizations,
- A document testifying the settlement of the necessary government taxes
The audit work shall be completed within three to four weeks from the date of commencement of the audit, and not later than March 08, 2021.
- The Auditors on completion of the audit work will submit 5 (five) original copies of the Audit Report appended to the Financial Statements
- Management letter in accordance with the scope of work
Qualified firms must submit a sealed tender for conducting audit of Caritas Switzerland Operations for the period covering from January 1,2020 to December 31 2020
The proposal must include and accompanied by
Technical and financial proposal including time frame required to complete the audit work including the final audit submission date Recently renewed business license along with tax clearance Audit certification License VAT registration certificate
How to Apply
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the Audit work instruction can be found in hard copy from Caritas Switzerland Ethiopia Country Office in Addis Ababa, located around 24 on GB Building Floor No.214
Caritas Switzerland GB Building
PO Box 8715
Tel +251-(0)116-672-273 or +251-(0)116-672-148 or +251-941-000-030
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Interested applicants should submit two separate sealed documents in which one document should include the technical proposal including of the proposed professional(s) with supporting document that shows previous work experience. The second document should include professional fee stated along with copy of renewed Audit License to the above-mentioned address of Caritas Switzerland, Ethiopia Country Office before or on February 16, 2021 at 4:00 P.M in person.
Bid shall be submitted in the box ready at reception for this purpose. Caritas Switzerland reserves the right to accept or reject the entire or partial part of this bid.