Metal and Metal Engineering Corporation Bishoftu Automotive Engineering Industry
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
International competitive Bid (ICB) Metals and Engineering corporations
Bishoftu automotive engineering industry
Procurement Reference Number: – BAET/ICB/01/2020
Bishoftu automotive engineering industry invites interested bidders to submit sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the procurement of low floor and mid floor city buses in CKD form with related service.
The Bidders should:
- Bidding will be conducted through the international competitive bid (ICB) procedures specified in the government procurement guidelines and are open to all eligible bidders
- Interested bidders shall provide
- a. Must have a renewed legal and relevant business license, be a registered taxpayer and VAT registered and be able to provide a certificate.
- b. The bidders better to be original manufacture of the given product
- c. The bidders should have an international license for the given product
- d. The bidders should be audited by an international/national auditor 3 years (20182020)
- e. The bidders are better to have the best similar project completion practice certificate & recommendations
- f. Bidders must be ISO certified
- FDRE Metals and Engineering corporation has allocated funds through two years deferred LC which shall be issued by the commercial bank of Ethiopia used for the procurement of city buses in the form of CKD and related service
- The bidders shall be willing to corporate with FDER metals and Engineering Corporation to assemble buses Purchased in the form of CKD in its own plants and establish a joint work group, help to localize the bus conducting performance review and establishing a system for the exchange of feedback.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with international competitive bidding procedures contained in the bid document.
- The bidding documents may be purchased by eligible bidders upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 1,000 (One thousand birr) ETB or the equivalent in U.S. dollars foreach set of documents.
- All bidding documents and related letters will be written in English language.
- Bidders shall submit bid bond in accordance with the instruction to bidders.
- Bids shall be submitted in wax-sealed envelopes before summation date
- The final date of submission is 35 consecutive days starting from the date announced on Ethiopian Herald newspaper.
- Bidders are required submit one original and one copy of the technical and financial proposed in two separate sealed envelopes.
- The successful bidder shall within two years from the date of announcement of the winner and signing the contract
- Delayed Bids and Unread Bids will not be accepted.
- The Industry reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from bishoftu automotive engineering industry at the address below from 8:30AM-12:30PM & 1:00pm – 4:00Am from Monday to Friday.
Tell: +251-114-339-944 Fax; +251-114-339-950
P.O.Box. 1178, Bishoftu Procurement, Room 37
Metals and Engineering Corporations
Bishoftu Automotive Éngineering Industry