ALIVE & THRIVE PROJECT IN ETHIOPIA
Alive & Thrive (A & T)
Request for proposal (RFP)
- Date of Publication: January 13, 2021
- Scope of Work: Preferred Vendor – Designer.
- Anticipated Duration: February 15, 2021 to February 14, 2022
- Deadline for Proposal Submission: January 29, 2021
A &T Ethiopia 3.0 project: accelerate improvements in Maternal, Infant, and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) is a 5-year (2018-2022) initiative that seeks to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) in achieving the targets and objectives of its National Nutrition Program (NNP II) and the National Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Strategy (NNSAS). To achieve that, A&T works closely with the two big sectors (Ministry of Health & Ministry of Agriculture) to strengthen its implementation systems. Therefore, with the collaboration of the Health and Agriculture sectors at the federal and regional level, A&T Ethiopia piloting different social and behavioral change approaches and its intervention materials as knowledge generation and documentation to strengthen the government behavioral change intervention systems and its materials.
These materials aim to reach many people through the government system as a national intervention material to bring a change in critical behaviors. A&T works with Federal and Regional Health and Agriculture sectors including partners to produce the materials for frontline workers, decision-makers at the national and sub-national levels. These communication materials should have effective interface designs with sharp and self-explanatory illustrations that are enjoyable to use and can impact the behavior and social norms of the target populations. Therefore, for best material design and layout to fit with A&T standard and national materials, A&T would like engage one or more preferred vendor(s) to provide professional material design and layout services for the period of one year.
Therefore, the following table demonstrate the range of materials that requires the design and layout works:
Range of materials
require a design work
This Request for Proposals is to identify and select one or more preferred vendor(s) able to work with the A&T Ethiopia team from February 15, 2021 to February 14, 2022 to provide design and layout services on an as-needed basis at agreed upon set rates.
To be considered, bidders should provide the following (not to exceed a total of 1 page, not including examples of past work and cost proposal):
- A description of the bidder’s past 5 years’ experience in design and layout work, including 2 sample of hard copies of design work.
- Three references for past performance, including contact information for each.
- Cost proposal-including proposed cost of per unit and type of design and layout, for example, booklets, manual, brochures, banners and posters.
- If bidder is a company, please submit all corporate identity documents. If bidder is an individual consultant, please submit a CV.
- Email address to allow Alive & Thrive to confirm receipt of the submission.
NOTE: Applications that do not include all of the above materials will NOT be considered.
Criteria for Evaluation
A&T Ethiopia will assign a team composed of leadership and technical staff to evaluate the proposals submitted by the bidders. This team will evaluate the bidding documents based on the criteria set below.
A best value selection will be made based on the following weighted categories:
Quality of design and layout work (based on the submitted sample hard copies)
Cost for design and layout
NOTE: FHI SOLUTIONS will not compensate for its preparation of response to this RFP nor is the issuing of this RFP a guarantee that FHI SOLUTIONS will award a contract.
Anticipated Contractual Mechanisms
A&T intends to select one or more preferred vendor(s) for the activities described herein. The quoted per illustration prices provided by the vendor will be good for the period of February 15, 2021 to February 14, 2022. When submitting the proposal, the vendor is guaranteeing the prices for services during this period.
Contingent on agreement on a final Scope of Work, Budget and illustrator’s availability, Alive & Thrive Ethiopia intends to issue a Consultant Agreement (if an individual is selected) or a Purchase Order (if a company is selected) to one or more of the selected preferred vendors as each program need arises in the one-year period. Payment will be based on approval of stated deliverables in the contract and invoices for actual illustration worked at the rate agreed upon during the selection process related to this RFP. Alive & Thrive Ethiopia does not anticipate issuing any formal umbrella contract to the selected Contractor(s) and may select more than one preferred vendor for these services
The agreement will be in local currency (ETB) and A&T will order when such illustration work will be needed. Preferred vendor status does not guarantee that work will be awarded within the year.
Application Instructions and Deadline
Interested applicants can collect full version of the RFP -from FH1360-Alive & Thrive project office (3rd floor) located around Meskel flower area, in-front of Adot Tina Hotel OR can request through email at firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com OR can be accessed through the main procurement page at https://www.aliveandthrive.org/procurementsolicitation/
Responses to this RFP should be submitted by hard copy to FH1360-Alive & Thrive project office (3rd floor) located around Meskel flower area, in-front of Adot Tina Hotel, in a sealed envelope no later than January 29, 2021 at 12:00p.m. (before noon). Any explanation desired by a prospective offeror regarding the meaning or interpretation of this solicitation must be requested in writing only. Questions should be submitted via email to org> with cc. to Ms. Tika Jaishi-Neupane at email org> no later than January 25, 2021 by 5 p.m. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia time.
Withdrawal of Proposals
Proposals may be withdrawn by written notice, email or facsimile received at any time before award.
False Statements in Offer
Offerors must provide full, accurate and complete information as required by this solicitation and its attachments,
Proposals become property of FHI SOLUTIONS.
DISCLAIMERS AND FHI SOLUTIONS PROTECTION CLAUSES
- FHI SOLUTIONS may cancel the solicitation and not make an award
- FHI SOLUTIONS may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of a solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI Solutions
- FHI SOLUTIONS reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on offeror failure to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI SOLUTIONS will not compensate offers for response to solicitation
- FHI SOLUTIONS reserves the right to issue an award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI SOLUTIONS may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or
- issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI SOLUTIONS may request from short-listed offerors a second or third round of either oral presentation or written response to a more specific and detailed scope of work that is based on a general scope of work in the original RFP.
- FHI SOLUTIONS has the right to rescind an RFP or rescind an award prior to the signing of a subcontract due to any unforeseen changes in the direction of FHI SOLUTIONS’s client, be it funding or programmatic.
- FHI SOLUTIONS reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
- FHI SOLUTIONS will be contacting offerors to confirm contact person, address and that bid was submitted for this solicitation.