AMREF Health Africa
Tender No. 024/2020
INVITATION TO BID
Amref Health Africa, the largest African led international organization on the continent, provides training and health services to over 30 countries in Africa. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa now delivers preventative, community-based health care. With a focus on women and children, Amref mHealth Africa manages a full range of medical and public health programs tackling the most critical health challenges facing country focusing on three key programmatic areas: Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (RMNCH); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases. Gender and human resources for health are crosscutting, reflected throughout the organization’s health portfolio. Our organization also engages in clinical outreach interventions and emergency programs including nutrition and resilience building of affected the continent: maternal and child care, HIV & TB, malaria, clean water and sanitation and surgical and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa partners with the Government of Ethiopia and local stakeholders to implement a diversified health project portfolios throughout the communities. In 2017, our programs supported 174 districts, 390 health facilities and 27 health science institutions, reaching 1.6 million beneficiaries, 29,654 health professionals and 17,792 health extension workers and health development agents. Amref Health Africa has projects in Addis Ababa, Afar, Amhara, BenishangulGumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP, Ethiopia Somali regions and nationwide health systems strengthening interventions focusing the capacity buildingof the National Health Extension Program.
Amref Health Africa is going to undertake the construction of health facilities in different health centres and schools of Afar Regions, zone three and zone five in the following four lots
A. Construction and renovation works of maternity waiting rooms, school latrine, and health post in Awash Arba health centre, Kurkura health post and Awash Trap elementary schools of zone three Afar Region.
B. Construction and renovation works of health posts and Maternity waiting blocks for Harami and Skelile health posts and Gacheni health centre of Zone 3 Afar region
C. Construction and renovation works of Andido health centre of Zone three Afar Region.
D. Construction and renovation work of maternity waiting block, school latrine, and health post in Gelialo health center, Amasaboru Elementary school and Gelila Dura health post of zone three Afar Region.
1. Contractors Licensed in GC/WWC Grade 6 and above are eligible to participate. The License should Valid for the Year.
2. The bid document can be purchased by interested bidders during office hour (Monday to Thursday 8:00Am to 5:00PM and Friday 8:30AM to 1:00 PM) upon submission of a written application accompanied with required legal licences at the place of registration to the Amref HealthAfrica in Ethiopia Country Office A.A up on payment of a non-refundable fee ETB 150 (One Hundred fifty birr) ) by depositing to Amref health Africa Bank account: Wegagen bank /Shala branch/ Account number: 0075992910104, Account name: Amref health Africa. And bidder should present the bank advice with copy of renewed trade license, Tax Clearance Certificate, and VAT Registration Certificate is a must.
3. Bidders may obtain further information from Amref Health Africa, in Ethiopia, Country Office, and Addis Ababa. P.O.Box 20855 code 1000 Tele. 0116627851,
4. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 1% of total submitted cost, valid for 90 days in an acceptable Unconditional Bank Guarantee or CPO from known bank/company must be submitted on or before 10:00am on November 25th, 2020, G.C in Amref Health Africa, Ethiopia, Country office A.A. Bidder or their representative can be presented during bid opening on November 25, 2020 at 10:30 am in Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia Country Office A.A
5. Bids documents will be filled including technical document, all necessary information & returned to Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia Country office.
6. The bidder shall seal the original and copy of the bid in separate envelopes, duly marking the envelopes as “ORIGINAL” and “COPY” as appropriate, and forward both to the Employer. A separate sealed envelope marked “BID BOND” carrying the supplier’s Bid security should be included in the envelope carrying the original financial document.
7. Bidders should attach their technical & financial proposal in separate document.
8. A Contractor who is undertaking construction project for Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia and having a performance/progress of less than 80% is not eligible for this bid and Bidders cannot win more than one lot
9. The aforementioned Office reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
ADDRESS: Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia, Country Office, ADDIS
ABABA, ETHIOPIA. P.O.Box 20855 code 1000
Bole Sub city woreda 03 House no: 2310 behind Bole Medihinalem Church beside “Abysinia Building”