Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority
Ethiopian Herald Oct30,2020
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING FIRMS SELECTION)
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia;
- Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority, Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division;
- Name of the Project: Construction of decentralized WWTPs for 12 Condominium Housing Sites.
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for detail Design, Tender Document Preparation and Contract Administration and Construction Supervision for Decentralized WWTPs for 12 Condominium Housing Sites
- Procurement Reference No.: AAWSA/WSIDD/GOV/NCB/CS008/2020
- The Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division Office has intended to allocate finance for construction of a decentralized wastewater treatment plant to be implemented at Condominium Housing sites( 12 condominium building sites) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services (detail design, Contract Administration and Construction Supervision)
- The consulting services (“the Services”)include: This is a mixture of lump sum and time-based contract for consultancy services pertaining to Phase-1: Detail Design, Tender DocumentPreparation, Tendering, and Tender Assistance for the design of Waste Water Treatment Plant project. The consultancy service of the WWTP is exp to take 6 months. Tendering and Tender Assistance would be an intermittent input the actual dates of which would be determined right after completion of the Detail Design and Tender DocumentPreparationPhase 2: Construction Supervision and contract administration of the WWTPs construction project. Supervision and ContractAdministration are expected to take 10months. This period includes testing and commissioning of the WWTPs.
- The consulting firm to be hired must be highly competent/reputable and must have experienced key professionals and appropriate support staff with ample work experience.
- The AAWSA-Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division now invite eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the consulting services for both phases (brochures, core business, years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, the technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, availability of appropriate skills, general qualification, etc…).
- Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish.
- The consulting firm will be selected under the Quality and Cost Based selection / QCBS/ method in accordance with the Public Procurement Agency (PPA’s) procedures for the selection and employment of consultants.
- Bidders/Consulting Firms who had poor performance and bad conduct in the previous relationship with the AAWSA, WSIDD cannot participate in this bid.
- An interested consulting firm can obtain further information and collection of full set of TOR documents (soft Copy) from the Procurement Department at the address below during working hours.
- Expression of Interest must be delivered in two hard copies to the address below (in person, mail) on or before November 16, 2020.
- The A.A.W.S.A Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division reserves the right to reject any or all of the bids.
- Address: AAWSA – Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division, Lideta sub-city Woreda 08 around condominium houses on the left side of
- Lideta Menafesha. Tel. +251 -118291312
- Attn: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe, Procurement Support Process Head E-mail address: