Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia;
- Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority, Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division;
- Name of the Project: Akaki, Sebeta, and Barak Woreda’s Water Supply Projects(A.A Water Source Area Community)
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for Study, Detail Design & Tender Document preparation (Phase-I), & Construction Supervision and Contract Administration (Phase – II)
Procurement Reference No.: AAWSA/WSIDD/GOV/NCB/CS003/2021
1. The Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division Office has intended to allocate finance for Akaki, Sebeta and Barak Woreda’s Water Supply Projects, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services (Study, Detail Design, Contract
2. The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
2.1 Water Supply System Design and Tender Document Preparation (Phase-I)
The consultant is expected to perform the following activities (not limited to):
- i. Data collection and Analysis: the consultant is expected to collect the following data.
- ii. Design of a complete water supply system:
- iii. Preparation of Engineering Drawing, Reports, and Cost Estimates:
- V. Preparation of Socio-Economic and Environmental Impact Assessment Reports,
Tender Document preparation component
After completion of the design phase, the consultant should prepare contract packages and tendering documents for all civil works, equipment and associated services according to the (PPA) guidelines. Moreover, during this stage of service, the consultant is expected to work in close consultation with the client.
2.2. Construction Supervision and Contract Administration (phase-II)
This phase entirely follows the successful completion of the tasks under phase-I for 10 borcholes in different kebeles/locations and other three boreholes those currently under civil and EM contractors’ selection. During project implementation and defect liability period, the consultant shall provide all necessary services as needed to facilitate project progress/ operation
This is a lump sum and time based contract. The consultancy service is expected to take seven (7) months for the design phase and eighteen (18) months for the construction supervision and contract administration
3. The consulting firm to be hired must be highly competent /reputable and must have experienced key professionals and appropriate support staff with ample work experience.
4. The AAWSA-Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the consulting services (brochures, core business, years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, availability of appropriate skills, general qualification, etc…).
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish.
6. The consulting firm will be selected under Quality and Cost Based selection /QCBS/method in accordance with Public Procurement Agency (PPA’s) procedures for selection and employment of consultants.
7. Bidders/Consulting Firms who had poor performance and bad conduct in the previous relation with the AAWSA, WSIDD cannot participate in this bid.
8. Interested consulting firm can obtain further information and collection of full set of TOR document (soft Copy) from the Procurement Department at the address below during working hours,
9. Expression of Interest must be delivered in two hard copies to the address below (in person, mail) on or before February 17, 2021.
10. The A.A.W.S.A Water and Sanitation Infra-structure Development Division reserves the right to reject any or all of the bids,
- Address: AAWSA – Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division, Lideta sub-city Woreda 08
- around condominium houses on the left side of Lideta Menafesha. Tel. +251-118291312
- Attn: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe, Procurement Support Process Head,
- E-mail address: email@example.com
Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority