Addis Ababa City Roads Authority
QUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES, FIRMS SELECTION)
(International Competitive Bidding)
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Transport Systems Improvements Project (TRANSIP)
PROJECT ID No: P151819
CREDIT No: 5816-ET/IDA-56160
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Urban Transport Human Capital Development Framework Project (UT-HCDP)
Reference No: ET-AARTB-162082-CS-QCBS
The Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Transport Systems Improvements Project (TRANSIP). The Addis Ababa City Road and Transport Bureau (AACRTB) represented by the Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) would like to allocate part of the proceeds towards the cost of Consultancy Services for Urban Transport Human Capital Development Framework Project (UT-HCDP).
The primary objective is to Develop human capital development strategy and implementation plan, Establish workforce development system as per the urban transport sector demand, Develop occupational standards for the urban transport occupations, Develop accreditation standards and licensing requirements for professionals, consultants and contractors of the urban transport sector based on the national standard guideline and Develop co created curriculum framework for the urban transport sector education and training.
The assessment will specifically focus on;
- Assess occupational requirements, identify the types of occupation and the qualification levels in the urban transport sector
- Assess the workforce market supply and demand of the urban transport sector considering the future projection scenarios as well
- Set occupational and accreditation standards for the identified types of occupation and qualification levels in the urban transport sector
- Design and develop workforce data management system for the urban transport sector career development
- Develop co-created short, medium and long-term education and training framework for the urban transport sector workforce through active participation of key stakeholders
- Develop human capital development strategy based on the urban transport policy and the city’s transport strategy
- Develop an implementation plan for the urban transport human capital development based on the developed human capital development strategy
The expected time of commencement of these assignments will be December 2020.
The duration of the services is estimated to be 16 Months.
Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
- Core business and years in business: The consultant shall have core business in Consultancy services in Transport Infrastructure projects and have general experience in any type of consultancy services.
- Specific Experience requires a consultancy firm with combination of experts and experiences in the fields of human capital development strategy and implementation plan, in developing accreditation standards and licensing requirements for professionals, consultants and contractors of the urban transport sector based on the national standard guideline and in developing co-created curriculum framework for the urban transport sector education and training.
- Technical capability and managerial organization of the firm.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & DA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants may propose to establish.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 PM -Mondays to Thursdays, and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 AM and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 PM on Fridays from Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA), Engineering Procurement Directorate, Team 2, Ground floor, Room No. 37.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in one (1) original and three (3) hard copies or electronically to the address below (in person, or by mail) on or before June 16, 2020.
Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA)
Engineering Procurement Directorate
Attn: Eng. Mohammedawel Seid, Engineering Procurement
Copied to: Team 2, Engineering Procurement Directorate
Ground Floor, Room No. 37, AACRA Building, Pushkin Square
P.O.Box 9206, Tel: +251-1-372-89-48,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
E-mail : email@example.com
Copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
ADDIS ABABA CITY ROADS AUTHORITY