Addis Ababa City Roads Authority
RE-REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
[CONSULTING SERVICES- FIRMS SELECTION)
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Transport Systems Improvements Project (TRANSIP)
PROJECT ID No: P151819
CREDIT No: 5816-ET/IDA-56160
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for the TRANSIP Gender based Violence (GBV) Assessment.
Reference No: 166326-CS-QCBS
The Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Transport Systems Improvements Project (TRANSIP). The Addis Ababa City Road and Transport Bureau (AACRTB) represented by the Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) would like to allocate part of the proceeds towards the cost of Consultancy Services for the TRANSIP Gender-based Violence (GBV) Assessment.
The primary objective of GBV assessment is to examine GBV/ Violence Against Women(VAW) risks in TRANSIP sub-projects so as to clearly identify the existing and anticipated type of the risks and recommend concrete actions to prevent and response for GBV/VAW in road transport infrastructure, facilities, and operations development as well as in project outcome and implementation (civil works).
The assessment will specifically focus on;
- Access and analyze risks of GBV/VAW in TRANSIP and related road transport infrastructure, facilities, and operations development as well as in project outcome and implementation
- Assess the capacity of Implementation Agencies (IAs) of TRANSIP to address GBV risks in project implementation and operation;
- Identify potential opportunities and gaps of GBV/VAW prevention and response with regard to sector policies and legal instruments;
- Develop appropriate risk mitigation measures together with applicable and cost-effective implementation action plan to address the identified GBV/VAW risks in the development of road transport infrastructure and facilities as well as in project implementation and operation of TRANSIP;
- Ensure the integration of GBV risk mitigation measures into TRANSIP sub-projects’ components, administrative processes, safeguard instruments through developing guiding tools;
- Conduct capacity building programs for As, PIU, consultants and contractors on GBV/VAW risk mitigation;
- Develop Good Practice Manual for GBV/VAW prevention and response for TRANSIP in particular and to similar road transport projects in AAC in general.
The expected time of commencement of these assignments will be August, 2020. The duration of the services is estimated to be 3 Months.
Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Core business and years in business: The consultant shall have core business in Consultancy services in Gender related studies or social developments or Infrastructure projects or have general experience in any type of consultancy services.
- Specific experience in Gender based violence assessment on infrastructure projects (preferably transport projects).
- Technical capability and managerial organization of the firm.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants may propose to establish.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M – Mondays to Thursdays, and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M on Fridays from Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA), Engineering Procurement Directorate, Team 2, Ground floor, Room No. 37.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in one (i) original and three (3) hard copies or electronically to the address below (in person, or by mail) on or before June 5, 2020.
Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA)
Engineering Procurement Directorate
Attn: Eng. Mohammedawel Seid, Engineering Procurement Directorate, Director
Copied to: EPD Team 2, Engineering Procurement Directorate
Ground Floor, Room No. 37, AACRA Building, Pushkin Square
P.O.Box 9206, Tel: +251-1-372-34-00, Fax: +251-1-372-29-82
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
E-mail : email@example.com
ADDIS ABABA CITY ROADS AUTHORITY