Addis Ababa City Roads Authority
RE-REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF
INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES FIRMS SELECTION)
- COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- NAME OF PROJECT: Transport Systems
- Improvements Project (TRANSIP) PROJECT
- ID No: P151819
- CREDIT No: 5816-ET/IDA-56160
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for the Preparation of Manuals, Guidelines,
- Standard Specifications, Standard Bidding Documents, and Standard Terms of References for AACRA
- Reference No: ET-AARTB-367-CS-QCBS
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Transport Systems Improvements Project (TRANSIP). The Addis Ababa City Road and Transport Bureau (AACRTB) represented by the Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) would like to allocate part of the proceeds towards the cost of Consultancy Services for the Preparation of Manuals, Guidelines, Standard Specifications, Standard Bidding Documents and Standard Terms of References for AACRA.
The main objective of the Services is to assess and identify the gaps with the existing AACRA Manuals-2004, update/upgrade these manuals or prepare them as new ones partially or fully depending on the results of the assessments to be made and the Client’s decision thereof, and prepare other new manuals, guidelines and standard documents as described in the terms of references.
The manuals, guidelines, and standard documents shall be prepared based on the context of the road network condition of the city and the meticulously foreseen future of the overall transport situation of the City. They shall as such cover the various areas of focus within the urban street/road design setting and shall include, but not limited to:
- Updating/upgrading the existing series of AACRA Manuals-2004 to suit with a Complete Street Concept
- Street Design Guideline
- Intersection Design Manual
- Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Manual
- Standard Technical Specifications for Road/Street Maintenance
- Geotechnical Investigation Manual
- Road Safety Manual
- Quality Assurance Manual
- Standard Terms of References (ToRs) for different types of services like road/ street design and supervision; bridge design and supervision; geotechnical investigation; road asset management; updating manuals, guidelines, and other standard documents
- Guideline for Engineering Cost Estimates with the related Risk Analysis
- Environmental and Social Safeguard Guideline
- Occupational Health and Safety Manual
- Training materials
Generally, the consultancy Services shall be carried out in the following three phases:
- Phase I: desk study of the existing AACRA Manuals-2004, site visits, gap identification
- including their shortcomings when used in road/street designs and constructions, and recommendation for new manuals, guidelines, and standard documents
- Phase II: incorporation of the recommendations of the first phase and proceeding to the actual task of preparing the required manual, guidelines and standard documents
- Phase III: delivering various training on how to use each delivered manual, guidelines, and standard documents for AACRA staff members and stakeholders from the road sector upon completion and approval of the manuals, guidelines and standard documents
The expected time of commencement of these assignments will be April 2020.
The duration of the services is estimated to be 24 Months.
Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Core business and years in business:
- The consultant shall have core business in Consultancy services in Transport Infrastructure projects and have general experience in any type of consultancy services.
- Specific Experience in Preparation of Design Manuals, Guidelines, Standard Specifications, Standard Bidding Documents, and Standard Terms of References or other related services. The name of prepared Manuals, Guidelines, Standard Specifications, and Standard Building Documents with the name, address, and country of clients for whom they are prepared shall be listed out.
- Technical capability and managerial organization of the firm.
- Interested consultants can obtain the terms of reference for the consultancy service from the address specified below.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants may propose to establish.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 AM to 12:30 A.M and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 PM – Mondays to Thursdays, and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Fridays from Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA), Engineering Procurement Directorate, Team 2, Ground floor, Room No. 37.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in one (1) original and three (3) hard copies or electronically to the address below in person, or by mail) on or before October 30, 2020.
Addis Ababa City Roads Authority
Engineering Procurement Directorate
Attn: Eng. Mohammedawel Seid,
Engineering Procurement Directorate, Director
Copied to: Team 2, Engineering
Ground Floor, Room No. 37, AACRA
Building, Pushkin Square
P.O.Box 9206, Tel: +251-1-372-89-48,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDIS ABABA CITY ROADS AUTHORITY