Addis Ababa City Administration Construction Bureau
Ethiopian Herald Oct20,2020
INVITATION FOR BIDS
NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDERS
Reference No AACB/ICB/02/2013 EFY
- The Addis Ababa City Administration of Construction Bureau has allocated a budget for the construction project costs and intends to apply part of this budget to eligible payments to be procured through International Competitive Bid(ICB) of the following Lots; a) Lot-1 Construction of Elderly Retirement institute three-block B+G+2 dormitory building projects) Lot-4 A. A metropolitan university One-Stop student services complex, and student clinic B+G+1and student dining hall and kitchen) Lot-2 Faculty of social sciences college of education and behavioral studies complexes,
- The projects are located in Addis Ababa City, metropolitan university at Yeka Sub-city(for One-Stop student services complex and student clinic B+G+1 student dining hall and kitchen and Faculty of social sciences college of education and behavioral studies complexesConstruction project), And Akaki Kality Sub-city (for Elders’ Retirement Center building project).
- The Addis Ababa City Administration of Construction Bureau now invites eligible bidders to submit sealed bids for procurement of providing the necessary labor, material, and machinery.
- A complete set of Bidding Document can be purchased by interested eligible Bidders from Addis Ababa City Administration of Construction Bureau, 8th-floor room number 801, of Engineering procurement directorate, starting from the date of issuance or announcement of this Bid on the Ethiopian Herald newspaper upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 500.00 (Five Hundred ETB) by the method of payment shall be in cash and The tender remains to be floated for forty-five (45)calendar Days starting from the date of issuance or announcement of this Bid on newspaper,
- Interested eligible bidders should have to fulfill the government guidelines and shall submit the following legal documentary evidence that demonstrating the bidder’s compliance;a) In the case of domestic/Locally Registered bidders:i. Relevant professional practice certificates of Registration from Ministry of Construction with category GC-1 or BC-1 renewed for 2013EFY,ii. Valid Trade License renewed for 2013 EFY,iii. Valid Tax Clearance Certificate, which indicates that the bidder can participate in any public tender and it must be valid at the deadline of bid submission date,iv. VAT Registration Certificate, V. Suppliers registration certificate, having been registered in the Public Procurement and PropertyAdministration Agency’s (PPA) Suppliers List,b) In the case of foreign bidders or bidders other than those registered locally,i. Appropriately submit Valid business organization registration certificate or trade license issued by the country of establishment, shall be authenticated by foreign affairs and Ethiopianembassy of foreign and/or Document Authentication and Registration Office (DARA), and the equivalency of Relevant professional practice certificates for Category GC-1 or BC-1 shall be approved by Ministry of Construction and, renewed for 2013 EFY,ii. Valid Tax Clearance certificate issued from the Tax Authority (Inland RevenueAuthority) which allows the bidder to participate in public tenders at the deadline of bid submission date, only if the foreign bidder already has ongoing or completed project in the Country, Ethiopia.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:30 AM to 12:00 AM & 1:30 PM to 4:30PMlocal time on working days.
- Bidders shall submit their Bid proposal in two separated envelopes; the first envelopes hold labeled as “Technical Bid Proposal and Bid Security” and the second envelope should be labeled as “Financial Bid Proposal”, in which of each envelope contains one original (labeled original)& two copy (labeled as a copy) of bid proposals separately wax sealed, stamped and signed by the Legally authorized body.
- Evaluation is to be carried out in the Bid that is found to be substantially responsive to the professional, technical, and financial qualification requirements, technically compliant in relation to the technical specifications, and with the lowest price.
- Bids must be delivered to the address shown below on the 45th day from the date of the bid announcement of this Bid on the newspaper and will be closed at 03:30 AM local time.
- Each bid must be accompanied by a bid security of ETB500,000.00 (Five hundred thousand ETB)in the form of an unconditional Guarantee bank bid bond or Certified ChequePayment Order (CPO) issued by or counter guaranteed by a renowned international Bank and it should be valid for 120 days from the latest deadline for the submission of bids.
- Technical Proposal and Bid security of the bidders will be opened in the presence of bidders’ legal representatives who choose to attend, at Addis Ababa City Administration of Construction Bureau, of Engineering Procurement Directorate Office 8th Floor RoomNo. 801 at 04:00 AM (Morning) local time, on the final date and time of bid submission as stated above.
- Late bids will be rejected.
- No one is allowed to participating in more than one Lot of this Bid.
- No one is allowed to duplicate or transfer the bidding document that one acquired to participate under this invitation. Legally authorized agents can collect the bidding documents for each principal they are representing. Bidders are seriously advised to read and comply with the instruction provided in the bidding document. The Employer reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
- Public Body: Addis Ababa City Administration of Construction Bureau Head office street Address: Around 6 Kilo in Front of Egypt Embassy (Addis Ababa CityAdministration of Education Bureau Building)
- Floor/Room number:8th Floor, Room No. 801
- Tel: +251 11 8 33 30 01P.O. Box: 14659 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Addis Ababa City Administration of Construction Bureau