Invitation for Bids
NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITVE BIDDERS REFERENCE Number:- AACB/ICB/03/2013 EFY
1/ The Addis Ababa city Administration of Construction Bureau has allocated budget for the Construction project costs intends to apply part of this budget to eligible payment to be procured through International Competitive Bid (ICB) of the following Lots.
- a/ Lot -1 Zewditu Memorial Hospital B+G+8 building project
- b/ Lot-2 Janmeda gymnasium Project
2/ The projects are located in Addis Ababa city
3/ Complete design works of the projects have already done by the Engineer. Accordingly, the works and services under these Contracts consist of Construction of Zewditu Memorial Hospital and Janmeda gymnasium project Design and other required Document will attach with a complete set of bid document
4/ Addis Ababa city administration of construction bureau now invites eligible bidders to submit sealed bids for procurement of providing the necessary labor, material, and machinery for the works.
5) A complete set of bidding document can be purchased by interested eligible bidders from Addis Ababa city Administration of Construction Bureau 8th floor room number 801, of Engineering procurement directorate starting from the date of issuance or announcement of this Bid on the Ethiopian Herald newspaper upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 500.00 (Five Hundred ETB) by the method of payment shall be in cash and The tender remains to be floated for Thirty-five (35) calendar days starting from the date of issuance or announcement of this Bid on newspaper.
6/ Interested eligible bidders should have to fulfill the government guidelines and shall submit the following legal documentary evidence that demonstrating the bidder’s Compliance; al in the case of domestic/ Locally Registered bidders:
- i Relevant professional practice certificates of Registration from Ministry of Construction with Category GC-1 or BC-1 renewed for 2013 EFY,
- ii. Valid Trade License Renewed for 2013EFY,
- iii. Valid Tax Clearance Certificate which indicates that the bidder can Participate in any public tender & it must be valid at the deadline of bid submission date,
- iv. VAT Registration Certificate,
- V. Suppliers registration Certificate, having been registered in the public procurement and property Administration Agency’s (PPPAA) Suppliers List,
L/ in case of foreign bidders or bidders other than those registered locally,
- i Appropriately submit valid business organization registration certificate or trade license issued by the country of establishment shall be authenticated by foreign affairs and Ethiopian embassy of foreign and/ or document authentication and registration office (DARA), and the equivalency of relevant professional practice certificates for category GC-1 or BC-I shall be approved by the ministry of construction and, renewed for 2013 EFY,
- ii. Valid Tax clearance certificate issued from the tax authority (inland revenue authority) which allows the bidder to participate in pubic tenders at the deadline of bid submission date; only if the foreign bidder already has ongoing or completed project in the country Ethiopia
7/ Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 2:30 AM to 6:30 AM & 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM Local time on working days
8 Bidders shall submit their bid proposal in two separated envelopes; the first envelope should be Labeled as a Technical bid proposal and Bid security and the second envelope should label as a Financial Bid proposal in which each envelope contains one Original labeled as Original & two Copy labeled as Copy of bid proposal separately wax-sealed stamped and signed by a legally authorized body,
9/ Evaluation is to be carried out in the bid that is found to be substantially responsive to the professional technical and financial qualification requirements, technically compliant in relation to the technical specification, and with the lowest price,
10/ Bid must be delivered to the address shown below on 35h consecutive day from the date of the bid announcement of this bid on the newspaper and will be closed @,4:00 AM local time. If the 35th day will be a weekend or holiday the bid opening day should be the next working day.
11/ Each bid must be accompanied by bid security of ETB 500,000.00 (Five hundred thousand ETB) in the form of unconditional Guarantee bank bid bond or Certified Cheque payment Order (CPO) issued by or Counter guaranteed by a renowned international Bank and it should be valid for the day stated on section-2 from the latest deadline for the submission of bids.
12/ Technical proposal and bid security of the bidders will be opened in the presence of bidders’ legal representatives who choose to attend, at Addis Ababa city Administration of Construction Bureau, of Engineering procurement Directorate Office 8 Floor Room No 801 @4:30 AM Morning local time, on the final date and time of bid submission as stated above.
13/ Late bids will be rejected.
14/ No one is allowed to participating in more than one Lot of this bid.
15/ It is not allowed to participate in this bid for the one who has taken a Construction project from this Bureau (AACB) and that has not been successfully completed 75% of the project cost
16/ Partial bid is not allowed.
17/ Partial award shall not be granted
18/ No one is allowed to duplicate or transfer the bidding document that one acquired to participate under this invitation Legally authorized agents can collect the bidding documents for each principal they are representing
19/ Bidders are seriously advised to read and comply with the instruction provided in the bidding document
Addis Ababa city Administration of