Drilling of Shallow Water Wells
Bid reference No: AFDA-02/2020
1. Action For Development (AFD), an Ethiopian Residents’ Charity, invites interested Water Works Contractors to carry out drilling and construction of four shallow water wells in Wolgahi Medano ,Burka Arbicho and Mokonisa Magada Kebeles , west Guji Zone In Oromia Region.
2. The project area is found at 495km south of Addis Ababa, through Addis Ababa – Hawasa – Dilla – Bule Hora – then Dugda Dawa highway asphalt and then all weathered road. The Wolgahi Medano kebele is found 14Km branch off at the East Direction from Dugda Dawa Town, Burka Arbicho & Mokonisa Magada Kebele are found 35km and 32 km branch off at West Direction From Dugda Dawa Town, respectively.
3. Eligible Water Works Contractors / Water Well Drilling and Rehabilitation Contractors of Grade 5 and above are invited to bid for the drilling of four shallow water wells for the project sites indicated above. The contractor is expected to supply drilling rigs & related machinery of the required specification for the work, deploy skilled & semi-skilled labours, and accomplish the activities as per the design, drawings and specification to be provided. Subcontracting the drilling works is strictly forbidden.
4. Financed by: Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
5. Eligible bidders are invited to take part in the bid upon submission of copies of all relevant renewed licenses, VAT & tax payer’s registration certificate.
6. Bidding will be conducted through open local tender procedure.
7. The bid document can be purchased from Action For Development, P.O.Box 19859, Tel 011 662 59 76, against payment of non-refundable fee of Birr 200.00 (two Hundred) during office hours, as of the date of this notice.
8. Interested bidders may obtain further information from Action For Development, Head Office, Addis Ababa, Tel 011 662 59 76/0939655371, Fax 011 662 55 63.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a bid bond amounting 1% of the total bid amount including 15% VAT, in the form of C.P.O. Bid bond in any other form shall not be acceptable.
10. All bids must be submitted one original marked “ORIGINAL” and one copy signed in the same way as the original and marked “COPY” by stating the title, with wax-sealed envelope at or before 10:00 A.M. Morning on 24th March, 2020. The technical and financial offer must be placed together in a sealed envelope.
11. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders and/or their official representatives who wish to attend, on 24th March, 2020 at 10:30 A.M. Morning.
12. Failure to comply with any of the conditions indicated above will result in automatic rejection.
13. The Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
Action For Development (AFD