Action for Development
Invitation for bid
Bid reference No: AFDA-01/2021
- Action For Development, a local organization, invites interested Contractors to carry out the excavation of Wolensu water harvesting pond in Moyale Woreda, Borana Zone, Oromiya National Regional State, as part of the project entitled Strengthening the resilience of pastoral livellhoods in East Africa (ETH – 1156), which is currently under implementation in partnership with BMZ/WHH. The project site is located in Moyale district at a distance of 159km from Zonal town, Yabelo, along the road to Moyale or 729km from Addis Ababa. The pond is located 50meters from the main asphalt road. Wolensu pond is a rehabilitation of an existing earth pond, which has a size of 12,1230m² with 10m depth; the excavated soil material will be cart away to nearby area.
- Eligible contractors of level GC or WC Grade 5 or above are invited to bid for the excavation of the activity mentioned above. On the project site the contractor is expected to supply all kind of construction earth moving machineries of the required specification; deploy skilled and semi-skilled labour; and accomplish the activities as per the design drawings and specification
- Eligible bidders are invited to take part in the bid upon submission of copies of all relevant renewed licenses, VAT & tax payer’s registration certificate.
- Bidding will be conducted through open local tender procedure
- The bid document shall be purchased from Actio my For Development, P.O.Box 19859, Tel 011 662 59 76 against payment of non-refundable fee Birr 200.00 during office hours, as of the date of this notice
- Interested bidders may obtain further information fron plis Administration and Finance Department of Action Development, Tel 011 662 59 76/0930-36-63-94.
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid bond amounting 1% of the total bid amount including VAT, in the form of C.P.O. Bid bond in any other form shall not be acceptable,
- All bids must be submitted one original marked “original” and one copy signed in the same way as the original and marked “copy” by stating the title with wax-sealed envelope at or before 2:30 P.M. local time on 22th Feb. 2021. The technical and financial offer must be placed together in a sealed envelope.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders and/or their official representatives who wish to attend, on 22th Feb. 2021 at 3:00 P.M local time.
- Failure to comply with any of the conditions indicated above will result in automatic rejection
- The Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
Action For Development