Action against Hunger
CALL FOR TENDER
Invitation to bid for External Audit
Action Against Hunger is a non-governmental organization. Private, non-political, non- denominational and non-profit-making, it was set up in France in 1979 to intervene in countries throughout the world. Action Against Hunger’s vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease, and those crises threatening the lives of helpless men, women and children.
Action Against Hunger opened a mission in Ethiopia in 1986, currently Action Against Hunger is working in Amhara, Gambella, Oromia, Beneshangul Gumuz and Somalia Regions with WASH, Food security, Health and Nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support programs.
In accordance with the Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia (AABE) Proclamation No. 847/2014 and Agency for Civil Society Organization proclamation 1113/2019, Action Against Hunger Ethiopia mission is required to submit an annual audit report of acceptable standard at the end of the fiscal year. Therefore, Action Against Hunger Ethiopia mission kindly invites a qualified Audit firm (certified audit firm who has an authorization from office of Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia (AABE) to conduct auditing of Ethiopia mission account for the year ended December 2020.
The following requirements should be fulfilled to participate in the comparison for the audit service.
- Renewed professional license and business registration license
- Profile of the audit firm and its experience
- Qualification and experience of the audit team
- The audit firm should be one of the accredited firms by the Agency Civil Society Organization.
- Certificate from AABE
- Should provide all legal documents: Valid licence, Tax Identification Number / TIN/.
- Tax Clearance Certification for the fiscal year 2019/2020
- Have evidence of auditing experience with similar NGOs.
- Evidence of Previous experience of auditing financial statement prepared based on IPSAS- Accrual basis
- Be able to indicate date of commencement of audit report.
- Be able to indicate date of submission of audit report.
SCOPE OF THE SERVICE
- The firm will audit the client’s financial statement of the fiscal year 2020.
- There will be about 29 box files of accounting documents to be audited per month (estimated total 340-350 box files per year)
- The firm will audit the financial statement and the supporting documents of the concerned period as prepared by the client and will give his/her opinion on the fair presentation of the financial statement.
- The firm should conduct the audit according to Accepted Accounting Standards (IPSAS- Accrual Basis) & Agency for Civil Society Organizations requirements.
- The audit will be based in Addis Ababa Office and visits to the projects may be facilitated upon request.
- Management letter and financial consolidation report will be the major output of the services.
- In its proposal, the firm should provide the fee for audit service; the duration of the annual audit; date of submission of the final audit report.
- Action Against Hunger Ethiopia mission reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to bidders.
Tender documents are free of charge and can be obtained by requesting them at our office in Addis Ababa (Addis Ababa Office: Kirkos Sub City. Woreda 02, H.NO. 470/ Tel: 0114 70 23 94, Gabon Street, 100 meter from Washington roundabout)
Interested applicants can obtain the bidding documents from Action Against Hunger Addis Ababa offices during office hours (between 8:00AM-5:00PM East Africa time from Monday to Friday) from December 7th , 2020 to December 25th, 2020.
Tender applications shall be submitted in plain sealed envelope clearly indicating FD-ADD-00667 to the above-mentioned address respectively.
The deadline for collection of the tender document is December 25th, 2020 until 5:00PM and
the deadline for submission of tenders is January 4th, 2021 until 5:00PM East Africa time.
For enquiries, please call our office or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org during working hours before 1st January 2021.
Action Against Hunger Ethiopia reserve the right to accept or reject any or all bids. And late bids shall also be rejected.