Glimmer of Hope Foundation
INVITATION FOR AUDIT SERVICE
A Glimmer of Hope (Glimmer) is a US based charitable organization with the mission of empowering rural Ethiopian communities to end the cycle of extreme poverty through integrated development Programs such as water supply (WaSH), sanitation and hygiene; education; health and livelihood programs through livelihoods activities. It was established in the year 2000 in Texas, the USA and has been operating in Ethiopia since 2001.
A Glimmer of Hope implements its programs/projects through region based local NGO implementing partners in the 4 major regions, namely Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray. The major implementing partners include Amhara Development Association (ADA), Organization for the Development and Rehabilitation in Amhara (ORDA), Relief Society of Tigray (REST), Tigray Development Association (TDA), Oromia Development Association (ODA), Self Help Africa (SHA) and Dawro Development Association (DDA).
A Glimmer of Hope – Ethiopia Country Office needs audit service from a registered Public Auditor by The Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia (AABE) for its 2020 books of accounts.
The Scopes of the Service:
Conduct Financial Audit directed to examination of books of accounts and financial statement for the year ending December 31, 2020 as per the IPSAS requirements. Draft and final Management Letter (ICM) and Audit Report will be the major outputs of the engagement. The Audit firm is expected to commence its work as of February 1, 2021.
The Audit firm is also required to respond to queries of external auditors of our home office located in Austin, Texas, USA (details in the TOR). The Audit firm may be required to visit some project sites and send confirmations, testing and all supporting working papers based on the request of auditors of our home office.
The audit firms who fulfill the following requirements are invited for the bid. Interested firms are expected to submit evidences of the following requirements:
- Renewed Business/trade license
- Taxpayers identification number (TIN No.)
- Renewed Professional license from AABE
- The firm must have the capacity and experience in auditing big organizations
- The prospective firm shall declare whether it has the requisite personal
qualification, experience, reasonable skill, care and diligence in the performance of the service in accordance with recognized professional standards. Having professional staff and valid experience in the area are basic requirements.
The Audit firm is expected to:
- Collect the TOR from our office (address indicated below including e-mail address);
- Assess the extent of the financial audit work required by observing the documents available with Finance Section of Glimmer of Hope – Ethiopia office and specify the time required to complete the job.
- Develop proposal and declare the amount of audit fee to be charged for the audit work.
- Submit all necessary documents (CV, Credentials etc….) that authenticate the qualification and experience of the staff and confirm assignment of required professional for the financial audit.
- Include time schedule needed to undertake the audit and time frame for submission of final audit report.
- Submit sealed quotation quoting the fee for the required service along with the technical proposal. All the above-mentioned documents should be submitted in person to our Office or mailed (through post office) to the following address within 10 consecutive days, including the date of this announcement on the newspaper:
Note: – Proposals/price quotations without assessing the actual volume and scope of the work is not acceptable.
A Glimmer of Hope Foundation – Ethiopia Country Office
Megenagna – Diaspora Square
Rahem Building – 5th floor
P.O. Box 1448 – 1110
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contact Address: Finance and Administration Department
Our office is located at Megenagna, Diaspora Square – Rahem Building (5th Floor), behind Marathon Building