GIZ Office Addis Ababa
Invitation to Bid
Reference No. 83366284
GIZ – Programme for Support to the African Peace and Security Architecture (APSA) would like to invite all interested bidders/consulting firms who are eligible to participate in this open tender, are herewith requested to submit their proposals “To develop a policy brief on the impact of COVID-19 on peace and security in Africa, with specific attention on the institutional response of the AU and ECOWAS”.
Interested bidders who fulfill the following criteria can request the bid document via an email address email@example.com starting from Monday, 19th of October 2020, 8:30 am.
The contractor is responsible for the development of a policy brief that should address the questions listed below:
- What will be the direct and indirect mid to long-term effects and impacts of COVID-19 on Peace and Security? What were the institutional responses by the ECOWAS Commission and the AUC to human security threats induced by the pandemic?
- How effective are the institutional mechanisms and approaches of ECOWAS Commission and the AUC in responding to human security challenges in Africa? To what extent are public health and pandemic preparedness indicators reflected in the AU’s African Peace and Security Architecture instruments and in the ECOWAS Peace and Security Architecture?
- What are the specific impacts of the pandemic on AU preventive diplomacy, mediation efforts, and peace support operations?
- What are the gender-specific impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic? What are the public policy instruments in the area of WPS (at ECOWAS and AUC) to limit adverse effects and under the assessment of institutional capacity to respond to human security challenges, including the increased insecurity/ vulnerability of women and girls?
- What are recommendations for public policies and instruments that can be implemented by the AUC and ECOWAS to limit the adverse impacts of the pandemic on Peace & Security?
The consulting firm will conduct the work remotely, for 18 working days between 02/11/2020 and 11/12/2020.
The consulting firm should have the following qualifications:
- Education/training: University qualification (Ph.D. degree or equivalent) in Political Science, International Affairs, Social Sciences or other related studies
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in the Peace and Security sector
- Specific professional experience: 8 years in Academia and Research
- Regional experience: 5 years of experience in projects in West Africa (region) or with the African Union Commission
- Other: Demonstrable research products from past assignments (attach or provide links to at least 2 samples of previous work in your application)
- Language: Good business language skills in English
How to Apply:
- All bids must be delivered/submitted physically to the address below at or before 4:00 PM on Friday, 30th of October 2020.
- Bidders should submit their Technical and Financial Proposals as per the issued tender document The financial offer should list the daily fees charged for this contract. The technical offer should include the approach taken by the consulting firm and showcase its previous work in the areas listed above
- GIZ – APSA Programme reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.
The address referred above to submit your Technical and Financial Offers is:
- German Development Cooperation
- GIZ Office
- Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 18, Beside Jupiter Hotel,
- Kazanchis, Bloom Tower 9th Floor,
- P.O.Box 100009 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia